Quest: Exploring Shadow Valley's Burn Scars (Shadow Valley)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Iuwene, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Iuwene Augur

Quest text says: Explore burned scar North East.

Update location is actually in the far west.

Probably just wrong text, but it is a bit confusing.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you talking about in game, or on EQResource? I'm pretty sure I remember the dev posting this was fixed in beta. If it's on live then it may have been missed to patch over.
  3. Iuwene Augur

It is in game.
  4. EQDev-Naylie Developer

I am not sure how I feel about this, I don't mind making it more clear. But they can't all three be travel west.
  5. zleski Augur

Unless the lore calls for the cardinal directions, it seems the directions could be reinvisioned to underscore what the exploration landmarks are meant to instruct. Near Basilica, the quest giver, etc. What importance do they have and how can they be described in ways that aren't "20 feet to the southwest of the zone line."

They don't need to be West, more West, and a bit more West but also North.
  6. Iuwene Augur

Cardinal directions without further context imply that they correspond to the zone itself.Thus the instruction to go NE (of the zone) to get to a point in the W (of the zone) is very confusing.

If they relate to another point, like e.g. the Basilica, it should me mentioned in the context.

Now the coordinates on supplemental sites like EQResource are correct for the update point, but still it is confusing.

Anyway, it is not really a big issue because you only have to do it once and once you figured it out you know it.
  7. Covennx Augur

Yeah, seems to just be a text issue in the quest. All 3 points are west of the quest giver, and the farthest WEST burn scar is the one that says "Explore the burn scar North EAST". Not sure if the burn scar locations changed at some point, but the text is a bit confusing.

[IMG]
    Laurana, RPoo and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  8. EQDev-Naylie Developer

I am going to go with Truenorth's recommendation. It should be in the next update.