Qeynos to Freeport, lvl 1?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Reviled, May 21, 2015.

1. Reviled Elder

What are my chances of getting my lvl 1 from Qeynos to Freeport? The rest of my group will be in faydwer, and I want to join them ASAP. Will be on an erudite mage for this adventure!
  2. Vaclav Augur

Low for the runnyeye portion. Seems more sensible to wait for invisibility then run.
  3. Dredlox Elder

Mage? No worries, just ding 2 and have the pet out and you'll be fine!

jk jk.....I remember doing it at 15 but was unaware of kith being scary at night and died. I would see if their soul binders along the way and plan accordingly, if not, HH and Kith will be the biggest issues or that one griffon that you didn't see running through the Karanas! Or wait until 8 when you have invis and then should have no problems.
  4. Murgis New Member

Almost impossible. The gnolls in Highpass Hold will turn you into paste Without invisibility.
  5. Dartaniun Augur

pretty bad without sow and/or a bard. I'd go straight through the karanas, but that puts you through High Hold which would be impossible at lv 1 without invis.

Damn, maybe the lv 50 toons were supposed to be in so they could ferry lv 1 toons around CONSPIRACY!

I kid
  6. Zyltas New Member

The run actually isn't all that bad. I made the run with my human sk from Qeynos to Faydwer, takes about an hour assuming you don't die, the safest route at level 1 is...

Qeynos > Qhills > W Karana > N. Karana > S. Karana > Lake Rathetear > Mountains of Rathe > The Feerrott > Innothule Swamp > South Ro > North Ro > East Freeport > Ocean of Tears > Butcherblock Mountains > Greater Faydark

There are other paths that are technically faster, but I find them to be less safe. I made this run a couple times with no issues on my SK, aside from when the boat from FP - OOT crashed me into the side of a random island, that was entertaining.
  7. Muligan New Member

Done it a billion times it seems (at times just for fun). lol

Just stay near edges or up on hills and you'll be fine. Runnyeye is the toughest part or running into a roaming mob like Dragoon Zytl without thinking can be rather depressing. It is possible however and you have nothing to risk losing but your time.
  8. Dartaniun Augur

Good point, didn't think about the long way through the swamp, but that route has no fixed guard type mobs at zone entrances like the faster routes do
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

It's doable. The rathe route is a little longer but might be safest. If you go EK route you might consider going thru Runnyeye and RV rather than Highpass. Tad more dangerous but you can get thru there faster than highpass.

Upside is you don't drop your gear on a corpse and no exp to lose at level 1. Worst case is you die and have to run it again.
  10. Reviled Elder

That longer route seems safer than trying to make it past highpass or runnyeye, thanks!
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

If there are soul binders you can catch a bind in the arena off of lake rathe roughly halfway thru your journey if you go that way.
  12. Daveed-Ragefire Journeyman

Kithkor is full undead all the time now though, yes?
  13. Zyltas New Member

Yes on beta at least the zone did/
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I did it years and years ago taking a lvl 1 from Freeport to Qeynos. I think I made a rogue for the hide/sneak (it's been so long, I honestly don't remember). I do remember running along the top of a lot of zone walls/borders.
  15. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

plenty of people do it just have to be careful. I remember barb shaman being in gfay on launch last time.