Q: Quest differences on different servers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mendel, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Mendel Journeyman

I was wondering why some of the Franklin Teek daily quests are different from server to server. This past week, one server had the level 60 quest set for 5 Patrollers in The Roost, while another server had the same level 60 quest as 5 Blackfeathers in the Roost. Patrollers are relatively simple for a 60th level, but Blackfeathers are significantly more difficult.

Does anyone know why this might have happened? Just curious.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

the quests auto change based upon patching some servers might of had special patches that only effect that server. and I think it might be random what the next quest is and not just a big circle of chooses but I dont know.
  3. Mendel Journeyman

I was thinking exactly the opposite, that a patch missed a server somehow. But neither answer really seems correct.
  4. Goodn Augur

CrazyLarth is basically right.

For each level of Franklin Teek tasks, there are x number of choices (usually including multiple choices in a zone...like 5 Patrollers in the Roost and 5 Blackfeathers in the Roost). Basically the game remembers what the last choice was, and then randomly picks one of the other choices upon server restart or uptime of over 14 days (there may be a plus or minus in there for that one).

That's it. Rinse and repeat. The choice is held for each server so each server has its own unique set of Franklin Teek missions at any one time.

It's why it can feel like the game is always going back to a specific set (usually a crappy one)...because it can be....