Purity and Power sources

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Gundolin, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Gundolin Augur

I was looking for a quick and accurate guide to purity and power sources.

Basically my understanding is if I have a power source that has 100 HP. And I have the following items.

Item 1 - 15 purity would give 15% of 100 HP or 15 HP added to item 1.
    Item 2 - 25 purity would give 25% of 100 HP or 25 HP added to item 2.
    Item 3 - 20 purity would give 25% of 100 HP or 25 HP added to item 3.
    Item 4 - 20 purity would give 20% of 100 HP or 20 HP added to item 4.
    Item 5 - 20 purity would give 20% of 100 HP or 20 HP added to item 5.

Q1) So I would gain a total of 105 HP from the power source even though the power source only has 100HP. Is that correct?

Q2) How do you tell how long a power source will last?
  2. Brohg Augur

That's correct.

Purity drains sources, more purity drains them faster. The numerical power contained in each source isn't viewable in game, but the rare mob-dropped sources do have considerably more juice to draw on than the TBS-era ones.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Gundolin like this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Pretty much what Brohg said. Back when they were first introduced during TBS the power sources showed the total amount for a few weeks or months (I forget how long); I want to say that the TBS era Power Sources were like 1,000,000 power each. The power consumption rate is a 1 to 1 ratio with the purity, but all we can see now is the % not the total, so what we see change is not at a 1 to 1 rate. Originally, the power sources would drain every tick that you had it equipped, but eventually they changed it so that the power sources only drain while you are in combat. So you can equip it and not worry about it.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I haven't looked into power sources in several years, and I'm not a raider, but I remember looking into it a while back, and was totally underwhelmed by what they added. At the time, I had ~30K HP/mana, and the powersource added about 300 to each (~1%). Granted, with raid gear and purity augs, I could have doubled that, so 2%, big woop.

Has it changed much now, with the TDS stuff, or is that still the ballpark of what the power sources add?

Tat
  5. Gundolin Augur

Not sure overall but I picked up an Ocean Purification Stone (http://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=141157) and it looks like it adds a nice boost. I can't log in right now but I think it was in the neighborhood of +6K Mana, and 3K HP, so it was a pretty nice boost, and that is with me neglecting purity sources up till now.