Purchase Old Raid Currencies for Overseer Tetradrachms?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Myrdale, May 3, 2020.

1. Myrdale Journeyman

I've been playing the Overseer system occasionally during my down time. It's been exceptionally helpful in finishing off collections on my Ranger main. Past that though, the rewards purchased with tetradrachms really feel kind of limited.

On my Shaman though, the ability to purchase McKenzie's Special Brews gives me a decent goal of being able to work towards purchasing a Staff of Forbidden Rites.

What would be extremely attractive for my Ranger would be the ability to similarly purchase other old raid currencies. There are still several times from older content I'd love to have. Many of the chase items from Rain of Fear or Call of the Forsaken are the top of my list.

All raid items require the completion of the appropriate raid to be viewable on the vendor, and these items in particular require achievements to earn the right to purchase and usually demand a higher than typical quantity of raid coin.

Items like Grelleth's Royal Seal, Shield of Immaculate Light, or Venenium, would give players a really good reason work though the Overseer task on a regular occasion. It would also give guilds a reason to revisit old content to complete the achievements necessary to unlock the items on the vendor. As new players come into a guild, I could see it being useful to revisit these older raids on a semiannual bases to earn achievements to unlock those items that would really help particular classes.

If players could earn enough tetradrachms to exchange for the appropriate raid currency, I think the Overseer system would greatly increase in value for many players and guilds, especially those working on current end game content to make these older raids relevant again.

I think its at least worth consideration.

Thanks!
  2. Monkman Augur

ROF raids now award 40 currency per win

Evantil (40)
    Grelleth (40)
    Zalikor (40)
    Velishan (40)
    Xorbb x3 (120)
    Corrupted NTOV (40)

That’s 320 Crystalized Fear per week,

If you really wanna push it, you could add in chapterhouse for another 40.

MS has been running Saturday night ROF clears for the past 3 weeks and last night toons that started with 0 currency week 1 had enough currency to buy their twin cast clickies or grelleth seals.

In the past this would have taken 3-4 months of running these raids.

3 weeks. Hell my mage I started a month ago already has a twincast clicky and rod of dark rites.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Just do the raids. It's just about perfect right now.

With the recent patch, all old raids are now giving 40 currency (PoWar raid is 80). This means all relevant chase items from RoF, CotF and TDS are available within 3 weeks of raiding (and doing the appropriate achievements from a particular raid).

My guild has redone RoF and CotF/War the past 3 weeks and everyone who has come to each run now has a bifold or seal, rod of dark rites, and shield of immaculate light (including lots of alts … 54 slots for coin). We've had a blast and have new things to hold over members for the foreseeable future.

The OMM brews are kind of a special case (since the currency can be earned by group play). But you still need to "raid" for OMM raid access and the OMM raids themselves.

People don't need more reasons to do Overseer, but we do need more reasons for people to get together to play. The boost in old raid currency is great and puts a lot of old, hard to acquire items easily within reach from family guilds to top end raiding guilds. This one the developers got right.
    Duder likes this.