PSA - Non IVU casters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Trizek Augur

If you plan on going to Lower Guk dead side, pick up some Potion of Unlife Awareness'.

Thank you
  2. EnchFWO Augur

Now taking potion orders, pst.
  3. Sturn Augur

Its good to be a rogue...
    Genoane likes this.
  4. dundada3100 Elder

just bring everything to the group. If they cant handle it then you didnt want to be grouped with them anyways.
    Trox2010, EnchFWO and Sturn like this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

I wouldn't go that far. IVU pots are only 10 plat.
  6. Protagonist Tank

PSA - Non Invis casters. Cloudy Potions are sold by NPCs and I automatically know you're lazy if you ask a group to break stride to come get your helpless .
  7. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

I don't know what pick y'all sitting in but I'm roaming all the way from bedroom to ghoul lord and there ain't anything up
  8. Zinkeh Augur

I'm not sure what they are at now, but early on folks were wanting close to 100p for a stack. Lowest I saw recently was 45-50ish. That's completely and utterly unaffordable to the average newb. I agree though, that IVU pots for those who can't cast are completely necessary.
  9. Zinkeh Augur

The problem usually is the 8 or so that are right in that hall before you go into the water. After that, yeah you can run all over haha.
  10. yerm Augur

Forcing people to burn cloudy pots because nobody wants to leave and cast the spell sounds great on a forum, but in game, you are talking about your warrior, cleric, or paladin. Groups missing somone of that class on location aren't generally in stride, and they have the clout to say no to you trying to waste 10g/invis.
  11. Protagonist Tank

I didn't say nobody would do it. There are always people willing to carry incompetent players out of pity or kindness. I just said I'll know what kind of player you are, right off the bat.
  12. Sturn Augur

Was in a pick earlier where only Frenzy and Hamlord were camped.
  13. yerm Augur

Likewise, as a cleric, I too make determinations here. If the group expects me to cloudy to them so they don't have to slow up, I am not accepting them calling for NBG, asking people to hustle back or eat a 0% and not have to waste mana on a good rez, and mentally expecting nobody to be open to criticism if they suck.
  14. Protagonist Tank

So you're saying you'll only be a decent player if people require you to show up with appropriate equipment and consumables?
  15. yerm Augur

I said the literal opposite. I refuse to compromise about decent play if they aren't willing to self sacrifice for me. NBG is not a decent loot system. Rezzing old corpses slows everyone else down. Criticism helps people improve. I don't know who you're kidding with this tough guy act; I just spent the last week watching my guild's casters hustling to get invises to Paladins and the like coming for shards. My static has a druid who literally bailed numerous times and made our enc keep his charm pet locked so he could throw assistance to others.

Good players don't make people waste plat. If I join a group full of that kind of garbage ego, I anticipate awful human beings and defend accordingly.
  16. Protagonist Tank

Right. You said if you were required to show up with the necessary consumables, you wouldn't accept bad loot systems, time wasting behavior, and terrible play.

My take away here is you need that requirement, since you tell us that's the only way you'll avoid being terrible.