PSA from Lockjaw

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kazingar, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Kazingar New Member

I don't often frequent these boards or reddit because they are both used as platforms to air grievances, I still lurk from time to time going to catch a clever post about something cool someone encountered or something nice someone did.

For new players that are looking for a home, but either aren't big fans of the experience rate of phinigel or would like to spend more than three months in an expansion, Lockjaw might be the place for you! It isn't as crowded, expansions drop six months after content is cleared (which actually happens fairly quickly) and there is still a large number of players that are slowly progressing through content.

Yes, a lot of people box. Yes general chat is often full of angst or politics. Yes, you will find the lower level areas pretty sparse. At the same time however, you might find you have opportunities to do things you might not be able to do on phinigel or even ragefire to a lesser degree, I don't have the time to be a cutting edge raider, but I do want to complete my epic and that is something I believe I can accomplish before velious drops.

tl;dr:
    Not everyone on Lockjaw hates Lockjaw. It isn't actually dead. It can be a lot of fun.
    Eldrian likes this.
  2. Tieyla Elder

You'll never convince people Lockjaw isn't dead.

All you need on Lockjaw is a couple of friends and you'll level just fine.
  3. Risiko Augur

No offense, but when you insinuate that you have a better chance of completing your epic in era on Lockjaw than Phinigel, I have to point out that with instanced raids on Phinigel, I've seen a metric ton more people with their epics in era than I have ever seen on any server. There's literally 15+ epic capable guilds hitting raid content on Phinigel.
  4. taliefer Augur

i cant think of any reason to pick lockjaw over ragefire, if the slower pace or being able to box is the deciding issue for someone. otherwise phinny is the place to be. the server is MUCH more vibrant than either lock or rage. and rage is more vibrant than lockjaw.
  5. Kazingar New Member

I forgot about the instancing that's a good point. Maybe a better way of saying it would be that it is also possible to get an epic in era without needing to be in a serious raiding guild
  6. Machen New Member

Kukgrol, is that you?
  7. Kazingar New Member

Ragefire is also a good server, but it has a history of releasing content early
  8. Lifetap Augur

tbh, there's no reason to butt in every time someone says something positive about lockjaw just to say how much better than lockjaw you feel the server you play on is.
    Batbener and tofu stir fry like this.
  9. tofu stir fry Augur

what this necro said ^^^^^
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

Obligatory the same could be said for Faceless when they comment on just about every raid thread to say how good they are.

In truth though, Lockjaw isn't that dead yet, will be more vibrant with Velious and as the OP said, can definitely be a fun server to play on if you like lower pop servers. It's rare to find something you want on Lockjaw perma camped. You can find groups too if you join a guild and socialize.

Yea general is filled with FI trolling, people trolling FI and a bunch of stuff you don't want to hear/deal with - but hey, isn't that the same for all servers?

Ultimately if you're a low to medium pop server fan, LJ is definitely a good choice. If you're a high pop server fan though you obvious won't like it.
  11. bodes Augur

The canary in the mine for servers is the ability of low level players to find groups. If that's not possible without joining one of the 2 guilds left then that doesn't seem like a good sign.
  12. Tieyla Elder

More than two guilds. Issue is we don't have new people joining. And, we're more than 5 months into an expansion.
  13. Batbener Augur

That's EVERY TLP. They are all on a death march, the question is how soon are they up. I think LJs day is coming sooner rather than later, though I do think FI will keep it alive for a year or two.

Start on Phinny as a casual or semi casual and see how long you last with no kronos and no friends. It wont be long. I do believe it will make it to live, but only because of the fixed unlocks, and it there wont be more than one guild that makes it.
  14. Machen New Member

No way will there be a guild clearing all content in era all the way to live, not as things currently stand. A guild that is still attempting to do some in era content, maybe, but really doubtful even there unless the no box code goes away at some point.
    Punchu and AlmarsGuides like this.
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

I wonder how much effort is required in removing that code from an already active server. By the time the server would need it removed (OoW - possibly even later) it may not be fiscally viable for Daybreak to even spend the time removing the code.

They could remove it sooner, but then they'd be faced with public outcry. Although by the time it reaches PoP boxers in general would impact the server less and less with downing raids as I would assume most boxers who down raids do it for profit versus wanting to actually gear themselves versus see the content.
  16. Tulgin Augur

Lack of loot is probably the main thing which will cause a decline in population for Phinny. For 84 day unlocks, 7 days raid lockout vs the amount of loot they drop is simply wrong.

For example Trakanon, let's assume 9 or 10 kills per expansion, that's a maximum of 9 or 10 BP's for a guild that has 100 members, it's simply not enough.

People are going to raid, not get the rewards, and go play a more rewarding game.
  17. Soon Augur

If a guild have 100 people with 100% raid attend, they can probably do 2-3 trakanons a week. Also, there are real world Trakanon. They sometimes stayed up for 2-3 hours before getting killed. Also, there are UDB, but I hope they remove the BP from triggered Trakanon tho.
  18. Varisath Elder

Phinigel players in a nutshell.

GIVE ME MORE.
    Syrup likes this.
  19. Glowerss Augur

Split raiding is the answer to that problem. There's 6 more weeks left in Kunark, and I'd fully expect us to kill trak at least 18-24+ more times just in that 6 week period. 9 kills for the entire expansion is a pretty far off estimate.

There is also the open world mobs which spawn basically daily, and most of which aren't very contested.

It should also be noted that not everyone needs to have every single best in slot piece every expansion either. Fippy was 3 month unlocks with no instances and still survived fine as a server. Phinny will be fine for quite some time :)

TBH I think 6 month unlocks are more detrimental to a server than 3 month unlocks. Even 6 months of Velious/Luclin/PoP is going to feel like a *REALLY* long time.
  20. Tulgin Augur

Yeah because 100 raiders on average will have 100% raid attendance, a good raid composition of clerics tanks and dps to split raids with 50 people in each raid.

No.