Progression server/zek

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Navin Novellus, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Navin Novellus Journeyman

I agree, Non-PVP instances 2015! Let's make it happen Daybreak!

Side note, I would recommend that you not libel your rival guild in the same post requesting change for the Zek server, as it hurts its credibility, and makes it much more likely to be locked. Besides which, should you really be making claims like this unless you can guarantee that everyone in your guild are "respecting the medium that is Everquest" as you put it and are not guilty of the very things you are unfoundedly claiming of us, which I very much doubt is the case.
  2. Navin Novellus Journeyman

Well it seems that the OP Bronut has deleted his post, and my above reply no longer makes sense. Let me explain what he was trying to say without the "Bonus" accusation section.

His comment was that if Daybreak is able to spend time implementing a new progression server, then they should be able to spend what is likely a much much smaller time investment to address, or at the very least give some kind of response to, a request that has overwhelming support from the Zek population. There's a thread buried in the now defunct PVP forum section in the archives with many pages of Zek coming together to ask for this. Let me tell you, having rival guilds on Zek coming together to that extent, well that's a feat in and of itself.

Yes, we play on Zek, the PVP server, we are a small but dedicated population. We came here by choice so that we could battle other players. Problem is this also includes those in your group, raid and/or instance. As you would imagine this causes many issues:
    - A number of classes not being able to DPS at or even close to their full potential because portions of their DPS are AoE and would also hit their companions such as Zerker, Mage, Rogue + others I'm sure. Hell, Zerker's have been known to accidentally hit their ramp and round half the raid, we've seen it happen multiple times. To the point that my guild has a no Zerk policy for raids.
    - CC via AE mezzes / stuns / roots becomes problematic when you are mezzing your tanks.
    - Raid events or group missions designed with AE damage in mind generally cannot be done the intended way and we are forced to find alternate means to defeat them which are generally much more difficult.
    - Pet classes have added difficulty in making sure their pets don't attack other players. GHOLD works to some extent but there are abilities which bypass GHOLD and the pet still attacks.
    - Swarm pets in general are problematic and end up attacking other players easily and completely clog the X-Target window.

If you group / raid / join an instance with other players, I think it's a reasonable assumption that you are not intending to do battle with them, but to come together with them to take on a different challenge like a raid event or group mission.

We are asking that instances be made Non-PVP and / or that Group / Raid members along with all of their pets and swarms be made non-valid PVP targets.

This issue to date has not even been acknowledged by SOE/DBG. Low population hamstrings raiding on Zek enough, I don't think we need these additional roadblocks in place.
  3. Navin Novellus Journeyman

4. Shadowknows New Member

Interesting comments, I made a PVP player on Zek several years ago, and having been gone for 18 months or so, I return to find many of my toons deleted, and some accts not populated at all. SONY never did respond to requests to audit my accts., albeit ONE credit card, ONE email address for 15 years. Seems some of my toons were hijacked by entities unknown, and not returned to me when DBG finally found the missing/unaccesable players. When found many of the augments and abilities and spells are NON functioning and require a payment, i.e. RANSON, to reactivate. It appears DBG has changed the policies and/or rules to conform to their marketing division. The persistent sales pitches by pop-ups and other means underscore this opinion. While it may be the right of DBG to change the rules and/or policies, it seems unfair to me to require additional payment for services and/or abilities that have been PAID FOR in past, and now held for ransom. WE do not negotiate w/ kidnappers, or ransom ware pirates. What sya Ye?
  5. Shadowknows New Member

PS: I remember Lamont Cranston. And who was his companion? secretary? FYI, the Povar server, since 1999 when I first logged on, has been overloaded and refused to upgrade the gear or codex. They patched, which is a Band-Aid, and will/has resurfaced in later codex.
    It was a real hassle back in '99/2000 when there were constant server crashes and weekly maintenance performed in the "interest" of corrections. DID NOT WORK. FOURTEEN years of paid membership, counts for nothing with DBG. They did state that gold members, having lapsed, would be retained and grandfathered into the fold. This did not happen. I return after the Sony Hack scandle, and find much of my stable is GONE, severely limited in abilities, and gear has been reduced to NERF. I seem to be unable to convince the Service that policies that allowed a purchase of content to apply to the Parent acct, and across the board to other variations. The response is that the policies have not changed, but I am living proof that they have, over the fourteen year PLUS that I was PAID subscriber. I recognize they have the right to change policies, and to limit access, but to arbitrarily change them with out any warning is wrong, IMHO. OK, so we PAY for access, and rent or license the ability to play, but to NERF my accounts seems unfair.