Progression server: Y or N?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DuchessElindra, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DuchessElindra Elder

Some history. I'm an old player who played from Vanilla to PoP (actually I left after we slayed Quarm). I came back to EQ last summer after playing hundreds of MMOs without (almost without but the killed CoH...) finding anything worth spending time into.

I came back with friends, we had the idea of going on Fippy but some didn't wanted to pay a sub so we ended up on AB (we'r euro). After some month of fun and "good'ol" feelings some gave up, 3 of us are still around, and all 3 are gold now.

EQ is fun, there is much to do, much to see and I love my 14 years old character. However I have the feeling I "missed" something, I went through the Omen, new Faydwer, the Void, Atlantis... but never really tasted em.

I really would take days off work for a new progression server, but there isn't any in the horizon. So I was wondering maybe I can start again on a Progression server, it seems Fippy is at Omen's level.

Are there any euro players there? What are the real difference (interface? mercs? defiant gear? AA bonus? Dayly quest?) with live servers? Are there people around who wants to take a fresh start there? Or guild recruiting leveling people? Or Euro guild at all?

Best regards,
    Elindra from Vazaelle.
  2. Biship New Member

Hiya Elindra ! Think you were a SK? This is Biship from Vazaelle :)

As far as Fippy goes...

Content - Think they have started SoF or will soon.
    Euro guilds - I don't think Any full Euro guilds exist on Fippy any longer. There are quite a few Euro players I think.
    Mercs - None currently
    Defiant - Intricate until SoF
    AA Bonus - no idea
    Daily's - I don't think yet but may be wrong.

There are some very good people on Fippy. I've been playing there for a good while but have had to cut out my play time as RL is kickin my butt again !
    There is still a very healthy population on Fippy you just won't find many people low level as you catch up to the 70's.

Best of luck !
  3. Punchu Augur

Both Fippy and Vulak have progressed well past Omens.

Secrets of Feydwer opened a few days ago, bringing the max level up to 80.
  4. Machen New Member

Interface differences - no extended target, no aggro meter, no click from bags. Those are the main ones. Those should all go live when we get to the expansions where they were introduced.
    We are up to elaborate defiant now with the launch of sof, still no elegant.
    No AA bonus yet. Otherwise xp rate is the same as live.
    No daily quests, although we do have some hot zones (not the current live set but an old set.)

The last Euro guild on Fippy folded about six months ago, but there are still a lot of euro players about. We have eight or nine Euros in our guild (pretty amazing since we raid starting at like midnight CET--don't know how those guys do it.) I imagine more casual guilds have larger numbers. There are several guilds that will recruit leveling players, and I see new people starting on the server fairly often still.
  5. DuchessElindra Elder

Yep that's good ol' me. Hi there to you :)
    I'm planning to play somewhere with Papi and Charlene.

No euro guild is quite bad tho. We all have families and daytime jobs, we cant like raid at 4am.
  6. Xanadas Augur

Definitely Y...

I would like to see a new server that does not operate on the same "progression" rules. If a new progression server is launched, the hard core raiders will just dominate the progression timeline anyway, unlocking the next expansions nearly immediately, and aggrivating and running off any of us who want to really enjoy the original pace of the game.

Personally, I have very little faith in the existing voting system anyway due to the fact they don't even release the actual voting results. Any new server would have to be on a rigid time-lock system that will not deviate, no matter how many people whine about having to wait too long for the next expansion to open.
  7. Machen New Member

Did you read the thread or just the title? She's asking if she should come play on the existing progression servers, not if there should be new servers.