Progression Expansions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LDEffectsMe, Sep 15, 2016.

1. LDEffectsMe Augur

Hey all. Thinking about resubbing to EQ and giving a Progression server a chance.

Can someone list what expansion the current Progression servers are each up to? I tried searching all over for a list, but can't seem to find one. Thank you.

(Note: I would have posted this in the Progression board, but non-subscribers can't post there.)
  2. Viper1 Augur

Phinigel is literally the only progression server worth mentioning. I think they're about to unlock Luclin. No list is necessary. If you're going to re-sub, roll on phinny.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

might want to post this in the progression server forum, you may get more help there.
  4. LDEffectsMe Augur

Why are the others not worth mentioning? Don't they all have different amounts of time to unlock expansions?

I had seen a developer post that non-subscribers couldn't post there, but now I see they can... Good idea. lol
  5. Behee Augur

Phinigel opens Luclin on Sept 28 at 2pm pdt. As I recall Ragefire starts to vote on opening Luclin in late October, and Lockjaw sometime after that.

Phinigel is by far the larger population server, has shortest unlock cycle and not voting, and has raid instances, true-box rules (one account per computer), and the slowest experience. But Ragefire and Lockjaw may be worth checking out depending on what you want/expect. Nothing stopping you from making chars on each and see what you like the most.
  6. snailish Augur

Fippy server has a strong raid guild that continues to push the content, SoF iirc?(I don't play there)

Vulak is... really, really quiet, and very stuck in Seeds of Destruction. I have a 72 necro there... and don't see more than 5ish people on, ever (and there isn't a mass of anon people judging by the empty baz/PoK and so on).

Phinigel has benefits (big server capacity, big population, true-box code, instancing of raids... but XP is slower so it isn't the easiest place to level if you are dabbling an hour here every few days. Know your playtime and goals I guess).

Ragefire and Lockjaw have faster XP than Phinny and you will see multiboxers in the normal sense of it. Ragefire appears to have numerous functioning endgame guilds, Lockjaw seems to be smaller pop but still going... and has a strong (though not super vocal on forums) more casual/family aspect to it's population [Note: Ragefire may have this too]. I believe Lockjaw is on 6 month unlocks which leaves lots of time to dabble if that is your thing.

Maybe try several if you are not sure? Usually what makes server choice stick is getting into a guild that suits your personality/playstyle... or finding a place that your hermit solo style fits (whatever is your thing).

Welcome back.
  7. Your_Ad_Here Augur

For Phinigel

* Original/Classic EverQuest - December 9, 2015

* Kunark - March 2, 2016

* Velious - May 18, 2016

Luclin is slated to come out Sept 28th
  8. Viper1 Augur

They're not worth mentioning because they're dead servers. TLP servers are designed to capture a playerbase at the time the server is released. Since you're asking at this point in time, you've obviously missed that window for all servers not named phinigel. I could make some long winded post about each and every one of them, or I could cut to the chase and tell you to play on phinigel. Less typing for me, less reading for you and the sooner you can get into the game and start playing instead of being on interwebz forumz. See, it's a win-win!