Producer's Letter: Progression Server, April Update, and Beyond

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Kellaer Augur

Why are people getting so hung up on the word "campaign?"

They are replacing expansions with mini-content and calling them campaigns. This isn't D&D. This isn't a war. This isn't a work project. Stop thinking those things.
    Nolrog likes this.
  2. DrAxe Journeyman

well there usage data would be off on the low side. All the old content im currently trying to solo through atm while leveling is baron, with the exception of the Grounds. Sadly also noticed far to many stupid mobs carry the summon mechanic, so nobody goes and soloes those zones, and makes it incredibly hard to work through once its old. Also really hating the direction of mass HP's on everything, everytime I move to the next zone, it feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back, not very fun, LOL.

The buried sea was the last decent expansion that had plenty to do, and most could be done solo, with skill, or better gear.

Once again no quote, not sure whats up, but I do not get quotes. /shrug
  3. Kellaer Augur

What.
  4. Melanippe Augur

It would be refreshing, to say the very least, if you would drop the "corporate speak" and, for once, actually be forthright. You might also consider this. EverQuest is NOT EverQuest II and we prefer it that way.
    Silv, Yinla and Soltara like this.
  5. Soltara Augur

Edit: Don't post when sleepy. It will be incoherent. :)
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Garbage EQ2 lore should stay in EQ2,

That said, it merely sounds like the continuation/culmination of the current story arc. We had Hot-VoA-RoF, now CotF-TDS-Next
    Yinla, Kellaer, Ferry-Tunare and 3 others like this.
  7. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Even the gods are getting banned around here :D

Are noddling blue lilies intended to be on vendors?
    Silv, DBCooper, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  8. DBCooper Elder

Same here. The only reason I log on now is Sunday's for raids and as much as I can make myself on Wednesday for alt raids. If campaigns are what I think they will end up being, I'll probably make peace with it and retire. Only reason I haven't is not wanting to let the guild down and that slim hope that the game will get better.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Anashti Sul was EQ1 lore, just not really developed very far - there's implications of her in Crypt of Decay for example.
  10. Ferry-Tunare Augur

I believe for most of us, every encounter we've ever had with a campaign, it was something we did once. Even if it was fun, it was not something that would be replayed. It's like telling a young child to try the goo. Even if it's delicious, the mindset will already be set.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

There's an expansion. They are just changing the name so they can release it in 2 parts. This is kind of how Rain of Fear was released.
  12. Iila Augur

He said two campaigns on top of an expansion, meaning 3 releases.
  13. Tyraxor Augur

Another Rain of Fear would be great...
    Garshok likes this.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not that I've ever seen. To the best of my and other lore-minded people's knowledge there is no reference to her in EQ1 lore at all. If you know something I don't please feel free to mention it...
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No No No No NO!!!!

No more rubbish from EQ2!!!! Still smarting we couldn't kill the underwear dragon!
    Soltara, beryon, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kellaer Augur

Holly.

This is Everquest 1. This isn't Everquest 2. We know you worked on that game. Don't put garbage from that game into ours.

To repeat: this is Everquest 1. Don't get them confused. You keep stumbling. The only thing you have done right is correct something which was wrong in the first place (PoK revamp.) Stop doing this crap.
    Leeanni, Asparux and Yinla like this.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Read up the lore for Crypt of Decay - "They worshiped a previous god of healing" and "Their worship turned into something corrupt that was the foundation of necromancy" are a theme there.

Anashti Sul is never mentioned, in the Lxanvom lore itself by name - but once you go over to EQ2 they tie it back to Lxanvom again.

She was quite clearly the unnamed god that they had worshiped there.
    Soltara likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wake me up when you can tell me:-
    Aimed at what levels?
    Number of full zones (not hubs)?
    Number of proper missions?
    Number of quests?
    Number of HAs? Or have these gone the way of the dodo? (I can dream)
    Number of raids?
    Number of new AAs per class?
    How many new spells per class?
    How many FULL sets (tiers) of new gear?
    Any nerfs to previous content?
    Any unique items?
    How long do you expect players to take to complete the DLC content released in the fall? (can't bring myself to call them campaigns, doesn't sound right for EQ)
  19. Timk87 New Member

So on this note .. yes please please quit raising level cap ... i agree with this 100%
  20. Timk87 New Member

Also Progression Servers are awesome !! .. And Another suggestion .. EQ is amazing ... make sure it stay this way and it should go forever .. RAIDS is were its at !! killing big mobs for awesome loot !! .. more of this and MERGE MORE SERVERS SO THERE MORE PPL TO PLAY WITH ON THOSE SERVERS !!!
    Pinecone likes this.