Proculias

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Orienn, May 20, 2015.

1. Orienn TreeHugger

The AC on the ranger bow is horrible! Right now Arcus Eminus has a substantially more AC than our bow, 28 AC difference. It shouldn't be different when a bow is supposed to be a regular piece of gear these days.
  2. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Yeah that seems very strange. Anyone know a reason of the AC difference
  3. Riou EQResource

Because Ranger bows are weapons so they get weakened stats. Non-Ranger bows are useless DPS in comparison or never used so they have to have the stats of regular Range items
  4. Orienn TreeHugger

So we are going to weaken a bow because your bow damage is significantly lower than melee damage, ya that make's perfect sense. I barely use my bow as it is on raids, aside from a few mechanic fight's that cause me to have to range attack and group settings its melee or bust. So one could say since our ranged dps sucks in comparison with our melee dps, then WHY shouldn't it be buffed?
  5. Riou EQResource

It is that way because the last Item Dev said he wanted Weapons to have weaker stats then non Weapons (This or one of his 3 bosses said to leave it that way). And because the other Melee and Tanks don't use Bows as weapons, they got to get them buffed up to non Weapon Ranged items.

Since he isn't on the Dev team anymore, you might have a better chance at changing this in upcoming Campaigns, or they might keep the status quo since it is easier and they have less Dev man power.
  6. Orienn TreeHugger

All rangers must unite and push this! If you think about it with our melee > ranged, we are pretty much considered a tank hybrid dps. I might be able to understand if it was pure tank types, but it has rogues on it as well, and ranger's are by far better tanks than rogues unless they are using they're counter attack disc. Good rangers have come a long way from the "Loading please wait" jokes alot accumulated back in the day, we need some consideration for the lack of upgrades we have been given.