Problems running EQ from USB drive...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zaxamaphone, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Zaxamaphone Augur

I'm attempting to run Everquest from a USB drive. I copied all of the files from my pc to the drive, took the usb drive to a different computer, but I can't get the game to run. I attempted to use a shortcut to the eqgame.exe file, but when attempting that I get the warning that I need to run the everquest.exe file. The problem is that there isn't an everquest.exe file on the USB drive. While attempting to copy the files on to the USB drive I got several pop ups telling me that some files could not be copied... this .exe file must have been one of them.

Anyone have any suggestions to get this working?

Thank you.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

The file you need to click on is launchpad.exe in the main EQ folder.
  3. Zaxamaphone Augur

Thank you. I was able to get a single instance of EQ running using the launchpad.exe file, but once one account is up and running a second one won't start. The launchpad starts up but will not start scanning files until the first account has been logged off.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

SOE coded the launchpad to facilitate to ability to log into more account. While the game is loading, stay on the launchpad. You can then select the next account you want to log into. I can usually select the 2nd account but on the 3rd account I use the log out at the upper right then log in for the next account.

Again, you are staying on the same launchpad. The other option is to make a second shortcut for the patchme.

C:\Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme

The above will bring you to the old log in window.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

Just adding if the directory names are longer than 8 characters.

If using same folder for more than one account, you can create a 2nd shortcut to bypass the patcher to pull up 2nd/3rd accounts.
    C:\games\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme

or the following if directory names are longer than 8characters.
    "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
  6. Ogdallis New Member

I have it all on a USB drive and I've downloaded everything and I've played with it for 2 days already on my laptop but my boyfriends been the one setting it up since we play together and now I can't open up the application or don't know how or if I have to do something I've tried just clicking the main Everquest main launchpad and nothing. I'd ask my boyfriend but he's not here at the moment and he's preoccupied.