Problem with Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Chaosflux, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Chaosflux Augur

Been having quite afew issues with a new computer that has Windows 10 and getting it to run EQ sustainably.

About 5 to 10 minutes into playing the entire computer locks up freezing the screen and nothing short of a hard reset works.

Currently running in Windows 7 compatability mode (otherwise the game wouldn't even load)

I have an AMD processor and graphics card (can't think of the processor off the top of my head, the graphics card is an RX480)
  2. Caell Augur

I run Win 10 with an AMD FX-8350, an Nvidia GTX 970, and don't need to use compatibility mode.

How does the system perform with Prime95, Valley Benchmark, OCCT, Star Swarm Stress Test, or 3DMark's benchmark tests? Do any of those cause lockups?

Updated to the latest DirectX 9?

You might try cleaning out all video card drivers with DDU then installing the latest available.
  3. svann Augur

You actually need to load directx 9.0c unless they changed it, but I dont think they have. There is a special way to do that but I dont remember how. Im sure you can find it with a google tho.
  4. Lasii-Rathe New Member

Check if you have Nvidia share on, because this causes crashes almost 100% of the time.
  5. disgruntled Augur

What is Nvidia Share?

You should run EQ in Win10 mode. Most of us are.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Going to assume I don't have the correct DX9 then. Will try the suggestions and report. Thanks guys