Problem with windowed mode

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jazi, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Jazi New Member

Clicking Windowed Mode makes my EQ screen disappear!

Earlier today while playing in windowed mode I tried to snap the window to one side of my screen. The window disappeared. The program still showed on the task bar but clicking it did nothing. I force-quit the game and relaunched. Clicked "play" on launcher screen. After a few moments...same problem. After checking web, I found that alt-Enter made the EQ screen re-appear but only in full screen mode. Got into game, went to options > display, selected windows mode, and poof - again the screen disappears. Alt-Enter brings it back again, but always in full screen mode. Nothing I try restores it to normal windowed mode, which I've been using for months. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. Please help! I need to run this in windowed mode. Thanks!
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

Let's googleing "Off-Screen Window Back"?
    Jazi likes this.
  3. Jazi New Member

Thank you. I suspect some of those solutions would have worked. I was impatient so I completely removed client files and re-installed the game. It worked, but it was a little bit of a headache because the UI settings were lost. I did however recover my macros, thank goodness.
  4. Watch the World Burn New Member

(usually happens when pc freezes a sec while trying to move windows around and u let go of mouse when it comes back)

Fix your offsets they are off visible screen
    eqclient.ini (backup this file first)
    WindowedModeXOffset=-8
    WindowedModeYOffset=-8
    AllowResize=1
    Maximized=1
    RestoredXOffset=89
    RestoredYOffset=85
    RestoredWidth=1659
    RestoredHeight=847

or
    Launch EQ, sign in, game disappears but on task bar.
    Hold Shift and Right Click Mouse on Everquest app on taskbar (let go of mouse)
    Press M for move with keyboard (do not use mouse to click)
    Wiggle Mouse
    Magic
    Duder likes this.