Problem with switching characters and downloading game for over a week now.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghostinthemachine, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Ghostinthemachine Elder

Not sure when it started but sometime last week I started having a problem switching characters. I log out a character get to the character select change characters and I get timed out then "The Server Is Not Responding" "You Have Been Disconnected"....

3 different EQ directories and each one does it so..................

I can't download and start a new install I run the launchpad and start downloading and at 300 megs the launcher just stops downloading and closes itself, same thing happens if I try and "VALIDATE" the game when checking files at 300 megs it just dies.......

So I am logged in as an admin I am running EVERYTHING as an admin and I have plenty of space on my SSD but Im still hitting a brick wall..............

HELP?!
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Is your SSD failing perhaps or your Windows install corrupted and failing? Might not hurt to do some scans on the SSD with something to test it for corruption/failure and then some antimalware/antispyware stuff on the system to clean it up.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I found this that seemed to help, at least the op with the same issue said deleting those files and allowing them to reinstall fixed it.

Make sure you downloaded the current launcher and save it to your installed EQ directory. Before running it, delete any and all Launchpad.log.* files. Once you've done that, run the EQ_setup.exe file you saved, and it should work.