Primal Vampire Blood

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Toukan Augur

What'd that ?

Bah I had a screenshot. Dropped in T3 raid.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's a stupid extra gatekeeping item. You need one to trigger the final event in the zone. Need one per instance.

It needs to go away.
    Axxius and Yinla like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

It's an absolutely terrible mechanic that just punishes people that are progressing CTG doubly hard.

You give it to a cosanguinist at CTG to enable starting the fight. It only works for as long as your DZ is open.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Wow, so if your instance bugs and you have to start a new one youre screwed? Not that we have had to restart this one but its not unheard of in EQ.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

You get two bloods per PV kill, but essentially yes. More commonly, if you beat PV, you now have to choose whether to use a blood on that night, potentially wipe, then have 1 more "attempt" night.
  6. Szilent Augur

One gets two whole instances to work on CtG if one's force wants them. Unlimited tries in those instances. Twelve hours! And Primal itself resets in 4.5d. A force that needs that much time to work on CtG couldn't use four raid days between Primals even if they wanted to, unless they completely eschewed loot from tiers 1 & 2, which it can be expected they need if CtG is that much of a challenge.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

None of that makes it any less of a useless extra piece of gatekeeping on the event. The event already requires an active Primal lockout, it does not need anything extra.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Overheard our raid leader talking about it, My understanding from what I heard is it doesn't require the lockout; but I haven't tried it personally.
  9. sieger Augur

I would agree that there aren't many raid guilds out there that are willing to basically spend two whole DZs wiping in CTG and then want to do more before the next PV unlock, guilds willing to go that hard probably just did beta hard enough to not need that much effort to beat it. I still think it's not a great system, mainly because it's entirely unnecessary and constricts the way guilds might choose to farm content. In this era of EQ I just don't see the need, having a linear DZ that requires bosses to be beaten in a specific order is fine to me, but the Primal Vampire blood does not appear to serve any real purpose and introduces a number of bug scenarios that to me seem unnecessary given it advances no meaningful purpose.

There's already been reports of raid chests bugging out for a lot of people (I haven't seen it, but it was a confirmed bug), imagine if someone's guild had that happen to them on PV and then they just couldn't do CTG at all that week/lockout cycle. Or imagine you just turned in a vampire blood and 5 minutes later an emergency server restart comes--grats wasted one blood. Then your next DZ you pull ends up being buggy in some weird way and you need to pull a new DZ, well that is now not an option, so hopefully you can work through the bug. That is not a crazy scenario--server resets middle of a raid night happened multiple times over the course of CoV and there were a number of "weird" DZ issues that I've personally seen resolve just by re-pulling the DZ, common enough that it shouldn't be a major punishment to re-pull a DZ, which this makes it one.

If I could be shown there was come compelling/interesting reason for this feature I might have a different opinion, but to me it looks like just adding an additional point of failure to a game that isn't shy about hitting points of failure.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

AB crashed earlier this month during raids, so it doesn't have to be a restart, crashes are still happening regularly.
    Wyre Wintermute and Svann2 like this.
  11. Lianeb Augur

Unless you use 2 bloods a week you should already have extras and the point is moot
  12. FranktheBank Augur

It's needlessly limiting. It's not really a big deal for those that one shot it on launch, but its really limiting for progressing on it.

Imagine you beat PV on your first raid day of the week so you start learning CTG and arent able to get it. You log in the next raid day, use your second blood, and server crashes. You can no longer do CTG.
    Yinla and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It's only a real issue when your trying to learn the event from scratch.

We usually do coin events each night then try and learn a new raid, this one is starting to be a pain in the butt as we can only try and learn it 2 out of 3 raid nights and then the vamp has to die again.....which isn't up....