Pre-discussion for declaration of intent with regard to seizing content by DPS or other means

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateseeker, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I think the concern is that the new TLP will start as wild west / FFA, which will then start to generate lots of petitions and cancelled subscriptions, at that point in time DBG will react and GM's will try to enforce the PnP, but will do so inconsistently. The issue being that it would be too little too late, the damage will have already been done.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

This was true on Fippy, but won't be true for this server. The new GM support staff is quite literally overwhelmed already with petitions and are only servicing specific requests. They have no time for in-game disputes over the play-nice-policy. It will be hands off by Daybreak, I promise you.
  3. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I know it will be hands off at the start, that was my point, eventually it will sink in that their policy has not worked and that it is costing them money, so they will over react, but it will be many months too late.
  4. Crayon123 Augur

I hear what you're saying, I just don't think they even have the means to 'over-react' if they wanted to. They don't have any bodies to throw at it. Their GM team was massacred in the SoE -> Daybreak conversion.
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

It is cute that this discussion is happening despite what we all know will happen in game.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

This thread and others will be ones we can point back to when people in-game say "y u ks my mob". The answer will be that this is the gameplay that Daybreak Gaming Company selected for the server.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  7. Darth Augur

If the guild I'm part of wants to lie, cheat, and steal to get raid mobs, well I'll name my toon Latino Heat after the late, great Eddie Guerrero.
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Only enforced rules are rules. Unenforced rules are merely suggestions.
    Irbax_Smoo and Soltara like this.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

Not sure if you're supporting the idea of players enforcing with DPS alliances/training, or just making a reference to the lack of GM support?
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

It's mostly a reference to the lack of GM support, and kind of a commentary on the Fippy raiding scene.
  11. Jamz Augur

There isn't anything to even train in classic eq until what, Luclin maybe? Even then the trains are pretty trivial until you get to Seru. Avatar of War was killed with Vindi and 300 giants being trained around the arena.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  12. Gleipnir Journeyman

It is a shame they couldn't make raid spawns and raid zones triggered spawns, plenty of ways you could increase rarity from there, especially if it takes 36 players to trigger via a weekly object turn in or quest flag. Let em respawn naturaly as well to retain the classic feel and eliminates much of the angst of raid guild griefing.
  13. zekreject Journeyman

i was interested in joining the server.
    but the raiding set-up is just stupid. i have no interest in socking, ksing or other stupid activities.

it is a pity as I would like to raid luclin and pop, but i think it best to go elsewhere to a server where GMs are present and engaged with players and make some attempt at a non-toxic raid scene
  14. Hateseeker Augur

Just about the only thing you can do is go to a Live server and follow a self-imposed Progression raiding schedule. People do it, but that has its own challenges as you have people wanting to level past your restrictions and whatnot.

But the good news is, if you did do that you would be unlikely to run into many other guilds doing the same thing*, and so you wouldn't need GM support anyway.

*At least on FV, I've run up to Nagafen and seen him up, so...not sure about whether there's a lot of this happening on other servers such that a new progression guild would run into others?
  15. Darth Augur

Vulak is the perfect server for self imposed progression, it's locked at SoD. Once you get there, you'd actually be progressing.