PoWar - Love it ? or Hate it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

Its been a long time since PoWar was added to the game and the other day I jokingly said we need another Plane of War type zone.

For those who might have missed it ...

When it was released PoWar was significantly harder than the rest of the expansion.
    - Mobs where HARD:
    - One of the ogres had a buff that was like opening a can of whoop a$$.
    - Anti pet mechanics so mages couldn't pet tank.
    - dungeon crawl with roaming see invis creatures.
    - Anti corpse dragging mechanics made the die -> drag -> rez in spot more difficult.
    - Mini bosses that took from 3-6 groups or you'd hit enrange timers.
    - Quests were long but you could multi quest the turn in's.

Rewards where unique and powerful enough that even years later we still go back to get CoP, CoL, CoM items.

So my question of the day to the Forum Questers:

1 - Did you like PoWar when it came out?
    2 - What do you think about PoWar now ?
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Love it. Would love another one that brought an upgrade to Circle of Power / protection clickies, dodge aug etc.

Especially after a pretty easy expansion like ToL. Release it this summer but tune it to be for people in next expansion's group gear and let the ripperonies fall where they may.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Absolutely loved it. All the circle of.. clickies.. dispelling clicky.. best dps Aug (at the time) the zone was such a fresh take kn eq when it launched .. I absolutely loved every aspect of this zone.
  4. strongbus Augur

the only issue i had with war was the anti pet tank. I would be fine with maybe making pets take double damage or such. but at lest let them be able to be a back up to hold aggro long enough to rez the main tank in a group.
    Duder likes this.
  5. zleski Augur

Anti-pet mechanics are .

Other than that, sure, it's fine.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I love it i make good pp selling stonewood bows!
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I liked it. I still have not completed all the group stuff (hours in the day).
    The raid was pretty rough when it was new, really enjoyed it after the snooze fest of most of CoTF.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Plane of war as a zone was great, hated the faction for quests.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

I really dislike the anti-pet tanking mechanic and would love to see it removed.
    zleski and Eaedyilye like this.
  10. Shredd Augur

Loved PoWar
  11. FranktheBank Augur

Such an amazing zone. 3 boxing was incredibly difficult.
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Great zone. The quests could be brutal, but I loved how they had the same style as classic EQ quests did. I would eagerly welcome another zone like it.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

Ignored it due to the anti-pet code in that zone. No idea why they randomly decided to s.h.it on 3 classes with that zone but it basically said to me "pet users not welcome" so I didn't waste any time there.
    zleski, Eaedyilye, strongbus and 2 others like this.
  14. Orienn TreeHugger

I hated the insane rep grind, but it grew on me after a while I got pretty far into the progression. Not quite to going inside to do GM but I been thinking about going back and finishing it one of these days. The raid was really fun!
  15. Mukkul Augur

XP horrible, long mob kill times, probably designed more for mini raids than groups, so not a fun zone to progress in.
  16. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Very fun zone to progress in, as faction grind that unlock areas can be done in mini raids so nobody was left lfg because group filled up, didn't matter if we had 6 8 or 11 people everyone made a mini raid and gained faction together, and eventually side areas unlocked that would drop top group gear from mini bosses that again you could form mini raids for.
    Every expansion final group zone since for some reason isn't like PoW even though it should. A 6 player group limit is too archaic nowadays(and been for a loooong time now)which is why if you're not in a cliche at max level you're not getting anything done but solo since you're not getting an invite because my group is already filled with fs/guildies.