PoW is a failure

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danille Augur

So yesterday, Monday at 8:00 pm eastern (primetime) on Bristlebane (the largest population server) there for 3 people including me in PoW.

Today, Tuesday at 5:50 pm eastern there is 1 person in the zone. Me.

This zone is so unfriendly and unplayable it is a disaster and utter failure.

Of course this is only my opinion.
  2. Nolrog Augur

I'm sure they would appreciate some details. Why do you think it is unfriendly and unplayable? You can't expect the Devs to tweak it when you just say, the zone sucks.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  3. Slasher Augur

It's not just your opinion the truth is the devs are out of touch if they thought this was a good idea. We all love a challenge but its not a challenge its annoying and people would rather do something else then be annoyed by POW. I would bet majority of people even going to POW are raiders and once they finish the progression or get the item they want they wont return because even for them its just an annoyingly stupid zone.

I posted in another thread this zone will be dead in 6 months maybe I should of said 3 months.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

This was the best zone they have made in years hand down.
  5. Kelefane Augur

Yeah, PoWar is starting to be a ghost town on Bristlebane. Even at prime time.

I wonder how many 2-3 groups (the way the devs expected us to do some of PoWar) are actually getting together and trying this stuff? And camping named etc? I'd venture a guess, that the way the devs expected us to get things done in this zone, isnt happening the way that they wanted. The shield AC aug for example. How many of those have even dropped serverwide? 1? 2? 0? I understand that probably not many are flagged for it yet, but gosh. How long has this zone been out now? And its already becoming a ghost town and the meat loot in this zone isnt being looted or camped.........................? Not to mention, people seem to care less if they ever get flagged for the deeper sections? Or even get the initial bow quest done for that matter?

I cant say that I am surprised though. This is exactly what a lot of people said would happen. Its just happening a lot sooner than expected.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  6. Tarrin Augur

I am gonna make a post saying " Every zone but guild lobby, PoK, and Bazaar is a failure".

PoWar is the best zone they have made in a long time.
    Elricvonclief and moogs like this.
  7. Kelefane Augur

This would fall under the "it depends on who you ask category"

If its such a great zone, then why on the most populated server, its a ghost town? Nobody is ever in there. Maybe 2-3 people. Sometimes 6 people max. Thats it. Yeah, its the best zone they have made in a long time. Lots of people agree with you. Lots of people sure are beating down the doors to get into PoWar it seems :rolleyes:
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Tarrin Augur

Weird, on Povar I have never seen it below 10 during real hours. Last time I tried to do something in PoWar was on Saturday. there were over 40 people in the zone.

I checked PoWar about 20 mins ago, and it had 6 people there at 5:30pm, eastern time..so still very early.

But hey.."the most populated server" or whatever isn't in it..so that is all that matters.
  9. Kelefane Augur

Because EQ isnt really a grouping game anymore. Its a boxers game. Its a duo/trio/mercs game. Getting a full group, much less 2-3 groups needed for some of the stuff in the zone, is a real chore. You cant just stroll into PoWar and expect to box/duo/trio the meat of it.

These are the reasons why its a ghost town on my server and nobody ever goes there besides the rare group or two here and there.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If only there wasn't a 36 page thread about exactly that.

To the OP, I like that you chose the day/time that most guilds are raiding to make your argument, I'm sure that has no effect on it at all.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Kelefane Augur

Take a screen shot when its over 20 and post it. I call BS ;)
  12. Tarrin Augur

What do I get when I prove you are full of silliness?
  13. Edrick Augur

40 to 60 people every evening, even on weekdays on Xegony.

Maybe your server sucks.
    Phrett likes this.
  14. Kelefane Augur

Its the same few people here posting over and over saying how "PoWar is so great" etc

LOL
  15. SaderakhBertox Augur

I wouldn't be surprised if some people read the test patch notes and decided to slow down / focus elsewhere for the short-term.
  16. Tarrin Augur

Sorta like the same few posting saying its so horrible?
    Tearsin Rain likes this.
  17. Riou EQResource

I have 2 items I want left out of the zone then when I get them I wont be stepping foot in it again personally :p (except for things like the PoWar 15th anniversary mission unless it has bad reward, then it will be a 1 and done forever, heh)

The EXP is too bad to continue killing in it and it requires too full of a group to even do trash, while the rares aren't anything special.

I'm in the not really close to max AA/EXP camp, and the EXP is too bad to grind in it vs other places.

The rares from the trash probably have same drop rate as the CotF versions and the CotF ones are better and worth more, so there isn't that incentive to grind low EXP mobs, they also drop no trash to loot for plat, so even if you end up with "nothing" you don't even get the plat out of killing regular mobs you can turn to Krono and stuff.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think they could do a few things to draw more people into PoW. Take away the pet class nerf and let pets be used on the named without it causing the casters death.

Allow those other then the group that spawned a name to look the progression piece. This would encourage mutli groups outside of a raid configuration. Quest after quest to unlock areas of PoW are fine and yes they harken back to the old plane of power days BUT when the zone requires larger numbers of players to defeat the named it would seem contraindicative to lock areas behind quests.

I can see the desire to provide group content that will be challenging to raiders. And I see the idea may be to have group based guilds go through flagging their guild so they can mini raid named but I think the difficulties of the quests will turn off a lot of group players. Whether that is bad or good I can't say.
  19. Kelefane Augur

Actually, I see way more that are either against it, or indifferent because they are never going anyway.
  20. Marshall Maathers Augur

I'm busy having loads of fun with my heroic cleric. When it has enough AA I will move into PoWar with a vengeance. I have all my toons flagged for strife, and my warrior is flagged for both castles.

Since Sony doesn't believe in testing its content in any meaningful way before it goes live, I am purposefully waiting for the dust to settle on fixes for the zone before I invest further time there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.