Potion belt autoinventory still missing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Even when locked the bag still closes when you zone!

It's a pain in the butt and something that needs to be fixed, I've been using a bag since they stole my potion belt and other than closing when I zone and finish using my bank, it works perfectly.
  2. Mirriee New Member

I disliked it when they stole my potion belt that I kept modrod, nuke clickies, summoned pet clickies on, and the ability to social /potionbelt activate X...

It was more difficult to have to require 5 hotbuttons to do same thing 1 social could do, activate all 5...

I'm happy we can now activate items in inventory by name! woot! reduce 4 hotbuttons again, and put on one, yay.

I use /autoinventory extensively, and I've not seen the issues you're claiming. Spell casting, sure, but I don't care about something being on my cursor for less than 2 seconds... I almost never use my mouse unless I must - it's slow, inefficient, and as you already stated, imperfect.

I highly suggest you adjust your play style, target things with keys, and you'll reduce your stress by a large amount, it would seem.

Sure, change is hard. We don't like it when somebody moves our cheese. (Refer to parable/story 'Who moved my cheese'... excellent, quick read that sounds like it may benefit you greatly to read and think about.)

/autoinventory has been added to my spam key for many years, and as soon as I summon a new modrod, nuke clicky, insurgent servant, pet weapons, etc, it inventories it no problem. I doubt there are many more people that have junk on their cursor more often than I. Between Insurgent servant & minion, firebound orbs, and 2 types of modrods, there's rarely a mob goes by that I'm not summoning something to my cursor...

Sure, getting used to targeting using keys is a little bit of a challenge, but it's WAY worth it.
  3. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Can you just make the auto inventory area in the inventory screen hotkeyable?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It already is
    /autoinv
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

nothing does?
    You cannot even open a bag or so when you are casting spells. And anything you do (e.g. move) interrupts the spell anyways?

Well yes - one social does not work with another social, unless both are instant.
    But you can very much /pause xx, /cast n followed by /autoinventory in one social.
    I do it with both fishing and forage, there is no reason it wouldn't work with /cast either, provided you do the pause right.

Yes, sadly. I'd long since have shut all you complainers up if there were, because this (constant complaining) is long since getting on my nerves.
    Do you really think though that complaining constantly is a good way to get the required functionality added to other UI-pieces?
    It clearly is tied to the window currently - the change would have to be to either "just" move the functionality to other windows as well or make it a standalone or a property of the buttons or so. Perhaps even to make it (the auto-drop field) into an EQType.

OMG!
    I've done that raid when it was current and guess what? we could cope with it! it's not as if the "coin on cursor" appears suddenly or randomly now, is it?
    OF COURSE your "only option" was just the "only option you saw" though - you COULD quite simply have pressed an /autoinv button in between too i am sure. or open inventory, drop coin, close inventory - taking all but 2secs per cleared room.
    I could perhaps go with the "bothersome" above, that you "have to" open the inventory window after clearing each room but come on, stay real...

LOL
    Really, if that deters you, you have my pity!
    Even though the raid is only really still worth it atm for the augs it drops, i like that one and would do it again right away - coins on cursor or not!

I doubt it. I doubt it is on the list atm.
    Not that it weren't possible, but you're not exactly creating the kind of "setting" where one would feel inclined to fulfill a WISH.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This has been answered already the first time you asked this: We do not know.
    We can imagine however, that it was to remove "special cases" and to streamline the code.
    To ME the removal of an UI element and moving most of it's functionality to somewhere else is an indicator for that.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Not "just" no. I tried and found out that the property you'd need to make use of is part of the (inventory) window. So one would currently have to have that functionality added to other windows that would allow for such a field. Or, if they'd do it right, separate the functionality from the window and turn it into an EQType or so so we modders can use it elsewhere (which is, i think, the "extra work" they currently shy away from).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The way this has been handled, it looks to me like they decided to remove it for whatever reason, then realised it had functions and panicked to add some of those functions to the hot bars, which aren't working correctly! I have some red squares and blue squares for no reason whatsoever!

Playing my main has become extremely frustrating lately, good job I have a few alts, who don't worry about a shed load of hot keys.
  9. Kianara Lorekeeper

I'd never thought of that, pretty good idea!
  10. Kianara Lorekeeper

I have my forage hotkey keybinded to W and the up arrow. Since there's an autoinventory line in that, that's what I use for it. Althought I still have /autoinventory as a hotkey.
    If the OP is really concerned so much about not being able to use it for the last 2 seconds or so of a spell cast .. smoke some weed and relax, it's not the end of the world. You're asking them to change potentially thousands of lines of code so you can autoinventory something whenever you want, and not wait 2-3 seconds.
    Then we wonder why the REAL issues in this game can never get fixed. It's because lazy people are asking for dumb crap.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Look again. I am sure you will find the reason for them turning to different colors (the thought behind it isn't actually a bad one too!).
    But yes, that the color "bleeds" over to other pages of the hotbar, that's not working quite right still.
  12. Evurkvest Augur

Seems like there is an issue with item icons that sometimes gets replaced with a red square when you run out of charges.
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I made some minor adjustments to my inventory window long ago, moving the autoinventory section of it to the bottom. Now I tend to leave it open in a half inch long strip at the top of my screen. It's out of the way, and I have easy access to it.
  14. Dewey Augur

This is probably the best solution I have seen and what I will end up doing. Thank you.
    Winnowyl likes this.