Possible Solution/Workaround To Adding New Races/Classes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SmoochyOfWolfington, May 8, 2020.

1. Password1234 Augur

Celephane and Laronk like this.
  2. Sokanist Journeyman

IMO there is no need for any new race or class,,, as for coding limits and all that I do not know.

the side idea of unlocking all race/class combos is IMO very bad.... a ogre bard would be grazy unbalanced for example.

I like the race/class situation as it is (froglings are silly but aside from that haha)
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I would go with different Heritages; like Drakkin.

First, add two new Heritages of Dwarf, Coldain, and a Fire themed one, with appropriate resistance bonuses.

Combine elves into one race with heritages, while splitting Freeport and Qeynos humans into unique heritages. Half elves would have to pick a elven or human side; Give wood elves a small bonus vs root/snare; high elves a bonus vs charm/fear, Qeynos vs disease, Freeport vs Poison or something.

That opens a slots for new races; like Orcs with Crushbone/Deathfist/Velius heritages; Goblins with Runnyeye, Kunark, Feydwer heritages...

Fold Barbarians and Erudites into humans; and make Deity choice matter more for equipment.

etc. etc.
  4. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

They would if they left what was useful in Classic alone, instead of bastardizing a lot in future updates. The Troll and shortly after the Iskar were the only races with faster regen out of the starting gate. I am not sure of what all the items could do even in Classic, but after AA came out and loads of extra content, that pretty much closed the door for anyone to choose those two races except for role playing purposes and I feel even that has waned from what it once was. I actually love the Troll, but if my suggestion were to be green lighted, then I would simply choose a server that had that race, while you and others could choose your own server for others. Then everyone would be happy. Although I feel a hint of sarcasm or I hope, when you state the game needs more elves. ^^!
  5. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

It seems to me that it would be much more rewarding to get new races and classes, than actual content. With a new race and class you have to take more time to come to terms with it. Of course I suppose you could just power level your way through it. What a waste, but to each their own of course.

But people seem so hell bent on being the first to unlock and kill what ever new stuff there is before anyone else does in an expansion. And who has collected everything, no matter how minor for their current characters? The amount of loot and items are ginormous! Like counting the grains of sand on the beach or stars in the sky. You would be hard pressed to have seen and done it all in Classic for each class, much less the extraordinary amount of content added on from later expansions.

Plus how much time do even average people even play the content there already is or will be? Do you travel through a zone only to yawn to go to the next section or do you actually take the time to smell the roses and talk to the NPCs and do some quests, regardless how meaningless it may be to your level/class, etc.? I bet a lot do not even take the time to walk and simply use the books, unless they want that "ding" every time it says they have been to a new area. But then my previous question stands, do you even bother with it?

When was the last time someone simply rerolled to explore all the old places again, but from a different view point or conflict? When was the last time you left your footprint in the snowy tundra of Everfrost? Have you shouldered your way into a group of people shivering in front a bonfire to get warm who were just chatting, occasionally off handedly bartering something and may generously cast a buff on a fledgling player passing by when in need? Have you listened to their stories? Have you told them your own heroic deeds?

When was the last time you tilted your head back, closed your eyes and opened your mouth to taste the fleeting snowflakes upon your warm tongue, to fill the chill of the wind against your bare skin and have that feeling of exhilaration, experiencing something extraordinary? And then of course after opening your eyes and gazing upon the full moon on a clear night as it bathes you in it's numbing light, letting your bestial tendencies overwhelm you, like a stalwart alcoholic drink, gripping the handle of your trusty weapon, feeling the course well worn leather giving ever so slightly to your command, then howling to the moon and stomping off to slay your next Goblin wretch or Orc man-beast? ^^!
  6. code-zero Augur

Content >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cosmetic frippery
    Celephane likes this.