Possible Solution to Dupe

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tribbious, Nov 22, 2023.

1. jiggity801 New Member

There won't be any rollbacks. There is no way Daybreak can manage such a thing. I don't think they have a robust enough support team to roll back the databases for all the different servers to a point in time, and have it just function correctly.

If anything they will just identify who got a massive surge of plat/krono and ban them, then delete the krono, after fixing the bug.

Everyone will get to keep everything they bought and all the plat they sold.

*IF** they did a rollback, I imagine it would only be items purchased from bazaar / plat from selling krono / krono reimbursed. But any looted items that dropped, coin that dropped, and exp would remain. But that's going to require a pretty robust support team and a massive project of completely unprofitable man hours.
  2. Kalamos Augur

The last time there was a plat dupe exploit (2.5 years ago) individual accounts that were deemed to have exploited a bug were permabanned. No server rollbacks. Why would this one be any different?
    Lawyer likes this.
  3. Apple New Member

The plat was left in game for the most part. They can not leave this many Krono floating around on the servers. It would be a giant loss for DPG. I imagine they will have to remove all of the duped content from the game regardless of fault or intent by the players. I don't see why DPG wouldn't ban the accounts responsible.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Wouldn’t the Kronos have become pooled up in a smaller amount of players that exploited? Isn’t this better because DPG could track those Kronos and potentially ban the hoarders?
    Tuco likes this.
  5. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

What do you mean by "this many Krono floating around around"???

Items / Plat duplicating bugs are one thing , they wreck server(s) economy and sometimes irrevocably.

Krono duplicates are a much bigger, huge issue as they are linked to RL cash from a business point of view...

Hope they can and do a rollback at a transactional level for affected server (s)
  6. jeskola pheerie

You know what they say about -u-me