PoShadows ninja tune up

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Kelefane Augur

Adds hitting 40k+ now.

whats up with that? :eek:
  2. Mikestab Elder

Today
    04/23/13 09:41:04 PM A being of light hits YOU for 48316 points of damage.

Last week

04/18/13 09:08:19 PM A being of light hits YOU for 4710 points of damage.
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

yea that was fun! also gave 1 aa per kill
  4. Gringot Journeyman

Patch in 5 hours.
  5. Axxius Augur

Our feedback from Beta was actually listened to? o_O
    What's next? Failed emotes start doing something noticeable? :eek:
  6. Deillusional Augur

The add change is a good thing, although maybe 40k hitting adds is on the bigger side.
  7. Gragas Augur

If they hit for 50k they should at least, be stunnable.
    silku likes this.
  8. Giddemore Lorekeeper

Can someone else who raided this event last week confirm the damage output change of the adds. I can't imagine that they would have hit for 4/5K last week.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

We've only done it once, but they were 40-50k hitters when we did it.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Songsa Augur

Now the event changed from a joke to something a bit more challenging even if still on the easy side.
  11. Luft Elder

Adds hitting for 50k isn't challenging. If there's no real difference in being buffed and fresh rezed when tanking a trash mob it sort of doesn't matter now does it? Now obviously the adds should have been hitting harder than 12k. But 1 rounding anyone who isn't a tank and taking a tank down in about a second who isn't using Deflection/Fort/Flash of Anger is just a form of griefing. If they were CCable and smart thinking and good play could be used to counter the hard hitting adds (see Fumerak) then it would be different. No mez/stun/snare/root mobs going to plowtown on your tanks/raid is not really fun, no matter how little hp they have.

Look at the adds in the Chelsith raid. You can CC them even though they're tank destroyers and you don't bleed 9 tanks every time one pops because of it.

Tl;dr Zerging tanks/bodies at trash with no discernible difference in buffed and fresh rez survivability is just bad design.
  12. Axxius Augur

OR... zerging events while not bothering to learn the mechanics is just a bad raiding strategy. ;)

Those adds could be hitting for 500k and still not making any difference if you don't fail the mechanics.
  13. Explicit Augur

In before everyone defending 40-50k hitting TRASH mobs, not saying you are but you know they're gonna reply in short order.

PS - 40-50k is harder than Luclin hits, it's overtuned no matter how you try and slice it even if some people have managed to win the event.
  14. Axxius Augur

OMG. I really dont want to sound arrogant, but... learn the damn event mechanics before complaining? :eek:
  15. Explicit Augur

Adds that hit for 40k, what am I missing here? They still summon and they can still one round tanks. What mysterious mechanic prevents adds from hitting for values that EVERYONE has reported?
  16. Axxius Augur

I am not going to spell it out. Figure it out on your own. The event has only been up for 1 week.
  17. Luft Elder

Axxius. I'd imagine that myself, and Explicit, know how the adds work. I'd say it but I'd imagine there's some here that don't. It doesn't matter if there's 1 or 40 of them. Trash adds that hit for harder than the boss with ZERO CC ability to be able to be used on them is just dumb, for the lack of a better word.

My zerg reference was zerging freshly rezed knights/warriors onto the trash adds so they they don't murder someone who needs their mana/endo.

The infamous 'pre pre nerf' Xorbb 1 named weren't anywhere near as obnoxious as this. And I had to tank Findlewill, while we learned the mechanics of the event.
  18. Ronak Augur

Is this another case where you presume to know something but don't?

The adds are not a fail mechanic. Getting more than 1 at a time is.

The event is still easy.
    Sinestra and Elricvonclief like this.
  19. Explicit Augur

Nah, apparently Triton does the event with zero adds at all even though they spawn automatically when you break an orb.

This is sarcasm
  20. Axxius Augur

[IMG]

Just because ROI and MS zerged it without even looking - it doesn't mean that there isn't anything that you could have missed. This must be like that Soul Stealer thing in Xorbb 3 - the complaints about dispel spam where previously you'd still get dispelled (i.e. failed the mechanic) but without spam.

I'll give it 1 week tops (or whenever you plan on doing the PoS raid next time) before you realize how wrong you are about this one.