Port spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Not sure if this idea has been bought up before or not so thought Id toss it out there. Enchanters have that task where they can take illusion clickies to turn in and get a spell for the same illusion. Would it be possible to make the same type of task for druids and wizards for porting clickies? I am sure there are clickie items that they do not have spells for on their list. I could be wrong mind you but if not its an idea for ya.
    Carden, Tegila, Angahran and 4 others like this.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

Any idea how many are there that are specific to druids and wizards? I've never really bothered to acquire many that aren't placeable clickies.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Would you be suggesting that these spells be self ports, group ports or translocate type ports?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

all 3 :)
    code-zero and Angahran like this.
  5. Alarya Augur

I approve this idea.
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Yes :p
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Do you happen to know of the name of this task? I was away from the game when this was added and was not playing an enchanter in my earlier days.
  8. Aanuvane Augur

Legendary Enchanter Illusions: Bindral Argaff in the PoK library
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Thank you.
  10. Brickhaus Augur

Not a good idea IMO. At least not without a lot of changes.

At least the enchanter items were already locked to enchanters (most being no trade) so there was no chance of the item being on the "wrong" toon. The teleport items have had no such restrictions and therefore there are a lot of items that are not on wizards or druids ... and currently no way to move the items to such classes.

I'd rather see consideration given to making the heritage port clicks heirloom rather than any new spells given. Maybe if that was done, then this could be revisited.

Also, since some of the heritage crates have two (or more) ports to the same zone ... how would you differentiate them?
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

There are some druid rings and wizard spires that are defunct. South Karana, Kithicor, Greater Faydark, Lesser Faydark and a few others. In Kunark there are the odd little spires hidden away like the one in Kurn's Tower, things that make me think Iksar should have had other caster classes and they were scrapped. More ports would be great.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

So because in the past you may have given a port to the wrong character you would rather have nothing than maybe a few you could use? As far as some of the ports having the same zone they go to I see no problem there. We have different clickies now that basically do the same thing, AA that do the same thing as spells. Maybe im missing something here. Feel free to fill me in.
  13. Brickhaus Augur

Actually, I was trying to be nice. I really think your idea is bad and a waste of already limited developer time and effort.

The game does not need another thing for the developers to keep track of. They can barely keep track of the simple things that get upgraded each level increase. Just look at the things that they missed in the Beta forums (still open btw) and around the start of every new expansion ... things that 99% of working people would have in a "new expansion checklist" or even a post-it note on their monitor. There's just simply too much for them to keep track of, even if they don't add anything new.

Now you are asking for 6 new spells to be created for every single port item in existence (because the druid and wizard spells are not the same) and keep whatever new/old npc is involved updated. And then continue to keep creating new spells and updating the npc each time a new port item is introduced. The enchanter illusion npc was less work and they've rarely been able to keep up with that over the years. And don't get me started on the bag token npc that was always out of date.

I'd rather time be spent on ... I dunno ... rebalancing classes ... new aa lines ... new spell lines ... fixing bugs that keep being brought up but never touched.

There are thousands of ideas that would be "neat" and "make the game more fun". Doesn't mean they should be implemented.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That seems to be a different issue then the one you described and I don't feel that it is not being nice to give that as a reason to not do something.

While it would be a lot of new spells you wouldn't need spells for every port item as some of them port to locations that have spells already or they share a port location with another item.
    Rijacki and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This idea that Devs should only focus on specific things, forgoing QoL updates, is bad for the game.
    Shanarias and Rijacki like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Rijacki likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not all QoL updates are equal and there is a very valid question if an update that only impacts 2 of the 16 classes has enough value to remove something else from the work queue.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

From my perspective, that's for the development team to decide. We, the players, can provide input and opinions on priorities, but the devs are the ones that should be saying if something is a viable usage of their time.

Not to mention that a QoL update never has to "remove something else from the work queue." Time management is a thing that devs are used to doing. Just because something is a lower priority or value, does not mean it cannot be added to the list.

But that's getting off topic.

I think Flatchy has a cool idea. More unique things for classes is always neat, in my opinion.
    Rijacki likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are correct, that is for the development team to decide and as players we can only provide feedback on our opinions.
  20. Angahran Augur

If the druid/wizard wants the spell then they would obviously need to acquire the item. I don't know what you mean by items being on the wrong toon ?

Crate items should be heirloom.

Why would you need to differentiate ? Either item could be used to get the associated spell.
    Or in general, any item that ports to 'zone x' could be turned in to get the set of spells to port to 'zone x'.