PoR Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Spaine_Arcane, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Spaine_Arcane New Member

WILD WEST today!!!! Only 1 AoC???? How many bags and station items do I have to buy on Coirnav to get some dam AoCs on phinney? Lol Come on man this is on a expansion can I please get some customer service or what??? (Tipsy gnome race isn’t customer service)

Guess I will be sitting at the bottom of the mountain watching everyone race to the top lol. good luck and may the odds be forever in your favor
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Do the right thing Daybreak, delay TSS until every guild beats PoR.
  3. Mwapo Augur

I don't think anyone will be locked out past the first few weeks.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

There's about 15 guilds. Every guild needs a piece from Porthio, 3 Relic Dragons, Titanothon, Devastation mini and Sverag mini. These mobs have a 3 day respawn.

Guilds would have to share some key pieces with other guilds to progress.

The first set of spawns will be split between the Hardcore guilds most likely and no one will be able to complete progression. The second set will also likely be split between Hardcore guilds trying to prevent the other one from completing the expansion. It won't be a few spawn sets before people will share and I'm sure some guilds will farm those open world targets for Augs, not really caring or thinking to call out rotting pieces.

I think quite a few guilds won't find the mobs up a month or two in, and even if guilds shared key pieces you'd have to have someone online who could be contacted whenever another guild kills it. Seeing as we have Euro and Pacific and Asian timezone guilds in addition to mostly Eastern timezones I can see this as being an obstacle.
  5. Mwapo Augur

Let me rephrase, any guild that is willing to have a member available at respawn will likely not be locked out. No one will try purposely blocking anyone out once the expansion is completed. There isn't a reason to.

Is it ideal that they didn't instance it? No. Will it end up being an expansion long roadblock? I highly doubt it. If guilds want to make it happen, they will be able to.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I have no doubt a majority of guilds will get it done in era. But guilds will start off purposefully blocking. I'm sure WT and OGC will be destroying flag items to prevent each other from getting them for the first few cycles. I'm also sure that guilds will start killing many of these targets for the loot, namely the Augments they drop, not giving any consideration to the flag pieces.

Guilds willing to have a member available at respawn requires they know when mobs die, and their Windows. Basically only one guild has tracked those things for open world targets on Phinigel. That's going to be a shock to many people's system actually having to sit toons in zones waiting for raid mobs to spawn and die just to figure out the next time it will spawn possibly.

An extremely dumb one. Mainly because most of these windows span an entire day. So for most guilds raid window they only have 3-4 hours of raiding. That only covers like 15-20% of a mob's window. So killing it is going to be rare, having people outside your prime time available to loot rots is going to be necessary for many.
  7. Guzzle Augur

Yeah, that's why OGC has joined in a coalition with most of the other guilds on the server to distribute key pieces evenly to ensure every guild can get into deathknell.

OGC leadership understands that causing people to quit out of frustration due to blocking content on an instanced raiding server is not good for the long term health of the server.

But uhh.. good job being "in the know" I guess!
  8. Guzzle Augur

9. KPW99 Lorekeeper

fwiw Wild Treasures has handed out way more key pieces to other guilds so far
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I don't think you read what he said correctly.

WT and OGC are definitely going to destroy key pieces to keep each other from getting them. He never said anything about other guilds.
  11. FluttyMan Elder

who gives a about PoR? Just reroll on Coirnav until TSS releases on Phiny.
  12. Communist Puppy Augur

Can we expect to see a coirnav chapter of OGC forming soon?
  13. Hober Journeyman

200+ people with no picks in devastation is pretty awful. Thanks DBG.
    Punchu likes this.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea devastation not having pickzones is a fail.
  15. malaki Augur

Only the 1 AoC and no pickzones in Devastation has made for some interesting adventures.
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I guess it's logistically difficult to create /picks for Devastation/Sverag, since the state of Devastation directly affects the state of Sverag. There would have to be some system where the picks are 'paired' i.e. main pick of Devastation influences main pick of Sverag, pick 1 of Devastation influences pick 1 of Sverag, etc. Or I guess just have any pick besides main in Devastation not affect anything.
  17. Guzzle Augur

I read what he said just fine. There is no reason to destroy them, though, since you can just have someone else loot them and have more keys, yeah? I don't think the directive has been passed down saying "Destroy key pieces so WT can't get them!" but hey, you probably know better than I do since you're ... in the guild? Ahhh wait, you aren't... weird.
  18. Brumans Augur

Only the main pick effects Sverag. The end.
  19. Hamshire Augur

No picks for devastation/sverag
    No AoC for the targets that matter
    Can port to ToB without doing the flagging
    Can memblur everything
    Can open other raids chests

Whole things a spit in the face and one big joke, happy all the money I paid for my subs went to corinav.
    Punchu, Boze, Hober and 1 other person like this.
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This was a huge fail on Daybreak's part.

I am not going to point my finger at the dev's, as they have obviously been working hard lately to get and keep these servers where they need to be, but I am absolutely going to point my finger at their management. The silence from the devs on this must certainly be because they've been instructed by their management to ignore this problem, otherwise we would have at least gotten some comment.

Whoever is in management that's preventing the devs from 1) fixing this and 2) communicating with the playerbase should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
    Zentara likes this.