No Fix Planned PoP items not flagged as tradeskill

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Pikollo, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikollo Augur

This appears to be a bug with the items needed to create glazes. I can't confirm all of them yet but so far emerald color mephit scales, oil of frog, shattered crystal and fiery granite do not have the tags. I believe alabastar beak and ivory stormrider canine do not either. I have not seen a solidified magma to confirm that one. Liquefied earth does have the tradeskill tag though.
  2. Kezzan Journeyman

The reason the items you listed do not have tradeskill tags is because they are not part of a tradeskill combine. They are considered no-fail non-tradeskill combines.

Edit: To further clarify Liquefied Earth does have a secondary combine which is Brewing. That's why you see a tag one that one.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lots of items in Dinosaur Land have a tradeskill flag but are used in non standard containers for no fail combines.
  4. Kezzan Journeyman

dinosaur land??? Do you not have a specific example?

That's not what I said. I said the lack of it being a tradeskill item makes it non-tradeskill flagged. Liquefied Earth, for example, is both, so you get a flag. Since you have provided no examples I have no idea what items you even talking about. Devs have already went over this and closed it as not a bug:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/oil-of-a-frog.265565/#post-3902549

Edit: I just noticed you replied in that thread too, lmao!
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Jungle Water Root is one. As far as I am aware it isn't actually used in any normal tradeskill combines. There are many items like this scattered through various expansions, did Thuliasaur Island (AKA Dinosaur Land) in The Darkened Sea a few days ago, so that stuck in my mind.

I'm happy for them to stay as tradeskill items :)
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The subject of this post is not being changed. If there are non glaze stuff you think need changed, please consolidate in another post.
  7. Kezzan Journeyman

removing this already has dev response that i missed
  8. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

The glazes are used in tradeskill combines. Most of those are used in pottery combines.

I don't understand ngreth's explanation. He removed the trade skill tag from items that are used in trade skills.... and is adamant about keeping it that way. It's just indirect instead of direct.

It's like he decided to focus on semantics because of the combine container for the glaze instead of focusing on the usability for players. A case of technically correct but totally misguided.
  9. Kezzan Journeyman

Got a link to these Pottery combines? I see none.
  10. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/recipe.html?recipe=3727

All the rest are similar that were mentioned in the original post.

His argument is that because the glaze is not made with a trade skill container then nothing involved with it should be tagged as tradeskill even though the resulting glaze is used in a tradeskill combine and tagged as a tradeskill item.

if you look at the history of it he basically did it out of spite or because of some need to be semantically correct without actually being useful. Originally it was just oil of a frog that was missing the tradeskill tag and then he changed it to remove it from all of the items used in the glazes -- something no one asked for or wanted.
  11. Kezzan Journeyman

You are linking the actual Pottery combine of the Elemental Glaze itself. That's like linking a Fletching recipe that requires Metal Bits then saying Metal Bits are a Fletching recipe.

The materials that make up the Aqua Glaze are a non-tradeskill combine in a Glaze Mortar. That's why the tags were removed. However the end result it Aqua Glaze, which IS a tradeskill item (and is marked as so).

Quoting OP: I believe alabastar beak and ivory stormrider canine do not either. I have not seen a solidified magma to confirm that one. Liquefied earth does have the tradeskill tag though.

With that being said no tradeskill tag at all can lead you to believe its vendor trash, but since Glaze Mortar is a non-tradeskill container I can see why he removed the tags. Ngreth mentioned moving them over to Mortar and Pestle or something else then keeping the tradeskill tags, which might make more sense but seems that isn't going to happen.
  12. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

Except the actual quote of mine you replied to was talking about the glazes and not the ingredients.

Quote: The glazes are used in tradeskill combines. Most of those are used in pottery combines.

The rest of my post made it clear that I understood the situation so I'm not sure why you're choosing to be redundant. You essentially retyped what I already said in my two posts.

And yes, the glaze is not a pottery combine but to say the items for it shouldn't be tagged as trade skill is silly. It's basically taking the bad decision of creating the tradeskill-less glaze mortar that was made ages ago before ngreth was even on the team and doubling down on it. The change was in no way useful to any players but probably satisfied some need on the spectrum. And again, if you look at his posts in the original thread about this he clearly was annoyed to address it and only throwing out the mortar and pestle suggestion as a way to be rude since making it poison-making would severely restrict who can make it. The attitude is a common thread with Ngreth.

Obviously not much point in arguing about it because he is firmly decided.
  13. Kezzan Journeyman

The OPs question asked why shattered crystal, fiery granite, etc don't have a tradeskill tag, but Liquefied Earth does. I explained the differences on the items that OP asked about and showed link to the already answered thread. You said the items were used in Pottery. I asked for a link and you sent a link to an end result item that's used in a separate tradeskill. That's why there was confusion, but we seem to be on the same page.

While Ngreths explanation 100% makes sense as to why things are set the way they are I do agree its unfortunate it will not get changed to something more practical. This pretty minor issue overall though. My intent was just to point out this was already addressed because I keep seeing this same topic pop up.
  14. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

I said the glaze was used in pottery as an explanation of why the ingredients for them should be trade skill tagged.

Quote: The glazes are used in tradeskill combines. Most of those are used in pottery combines.

Do you see how I say glaze and not glaze ingredients? A minor point but not sure why you keep trying to change what I wrote.
  15. Kezzan Journeyman

"Trying to change what you wrote" is a lot of projection. Glazes being used in pottery have nothing to do with what I explained to OP about the base items.
  16. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

No, but it has everything to do with the post of mine you quoted and asked me a question about. I mean, come on dude. Don't act like I was some kind of uninvolved interloper when you're the one who quoted me and asked me a question.

Just admit you thought you had a gotcha and didn't really pay attention to what I wrote. It's cool.
  17. Kezzan Journeyman

You quoted me first in Post #8, and I followed up to your response? Yes I am trying to "gotcha" SomeRandomGuy on EQ bug forums. I really don't see the issue here. Good luck
  18. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

The issue is reading comprehension. Good luck with that.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yay..THIS thread again! :p
  20. Pikollo Augur

Apologies I didn't realize there was another post or that it was recently changed. I thought it was a bug so post it. IMO it seems kind of dumb to have changed them but to each their own. Just have to be more careful in not accidentally selling them since they don't go to the tradeskill bag.
    Yinla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.