POP - Bard Aggro?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by HoodenShuklak, May 22, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Aside from the obvious such as a Blade of Carnage and Wulfenite Gems, can anyone shed some light on what are some high aggro methods for bards to tank with?

I understand there is the Gloves of the Crimson Sigil and Soul Claw proc from PoT, but those don't even stack, and I'm just thinking there has to be someone out there that has run into this before -- wanting to generate max aggro! Our songs seem to be very very low aggro!

Thanks.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Bard aggro generation during PoP used to require you just cycle 4 DoTs with drum on because aggro generation procs like BoC didn't affect them.

I think it's no longer the case that bards are immune to +hate components of spells. But I would wager twisting 4 DoTs would still be the best path to max aggro on a bard.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

has anyone ever tested the hate generation of certain bard songs?
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Bard song aggro was capped years and years ago so they could function in raids. Songs that still have noticeable aggro include:
    • Chants at any level
    • 55 Bellow has stun aggro
    • 86 Rumbling line of defensive stuns
    • 90 Spiteful line of hate procs
    • Boastful and Vainglorious AA
    • Intimidation has 200 hate since revamp
  5. Gildor New Member

The best song for agro that I found at this level are Denon's bereavement (dot + stun) the slow + dot (melody of mischief during PoP), one of the snare (the AOE if multiple one, the single if one mob) and maybe cord of dissonance as last one if you really dont care about group buffs; but I usually use the first 2 + overhaste and mana.
    As for stuff, there is multiple stun proc weapon + the proc augment from Ldon + the clicky stun proc augment from either VT or Time.

But even with all that, you will have hard time getting agro from many DPS, but you can keep them away from healer if they are smart (i.e. use hot first and wait a bit before big heal) and if you dont take too fast damage; and from most casters (again, if they dont burn them right away).

When DON is out you can get double anger augment from dark and light merchant and it increase your agro quite a bit.