Polymorph Wand: Shissar doesn't give a spell scroll but quest NPC claims he already gave me one

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Arial, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Arial New Member

I purchased a Polymorph Wand: Shissar off the DB store for my enchanter so I could hand it to Bindral Argaff (the legendary enchanter illusions guy) in the PoK library to get the enchanter spell scroll for the illusion.

However, when I gave it to him, not only did he NOT give me a scroll, but to really rub it in, he gave me the message that indicates that he already gave one to me! He gave the "I am also fairly certain that you've received a scroll detailing the specifics of invoking this illusion, so I have nothing more to offer you" message. Sorry Bindral, you might be "fairly certain" but you are definitely WRONG!

Needless to say, I'm bummed I bought it for the scroll but the turn in is bugged and won't give the scroll to people. :( Please send Bindral back to remedial quest NPC school!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Arial New Member

On that page, they show the difference responses you can get from handing him something. If this item wasn't acceptable for receiving a scroll, I should have gotten the "It does not appear to be something I can give you any reward for." response. Instead, it gave me the response that it WAS a valid item to get a scroll from, but that he already gave me a scroll.

If it's not an acceptable item, then the response should be fixed. If it is acceptable, it should give me a scroll and not claim it already gave me one. I suspect it is meant to be acceptable though and not receiving the scroll is the bug, because most polymorph wands have been added as acceptable over time (with a couple exceptions like the suit of armor one).