Poll about satisfaction with TDS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Noirfu, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Ploww Lorekeeper

I'm enjoying xpac. Well worth forty bucks. Just not enough to last a full year
    Saave and Elricvonclief like this.
  2. Garanle Elder

Roshen's comment is really at the heart of what is wrong with SoE and the game currently. Nothing to see here look forward to the next expansion. Problem is for two expansions your development team has made promises of grand things only to deliver very little. In terms of value to the customer the words "technically we said this and your widget does have that" shouldn't be a common phrase. Yet we see that all over Ctof and DS (example: thanks for the merc gear the extra ac really helped till 101 when you took it back or any real reason for getting gear for the mercs. BTW Merc gear doesnt drop in raids or just hunting as promised).

Hopefully they read the surveys, in a guild with 100 regulars there isn't one person who has said they enjoyed this expansion so far. Most of the raiders now log in for raids and no more since lessons of the devout are not what they use to be. Which sucks for the non-raiders. If progression was not required to raid past T1 I think the zone utilization would be vastly different. Most zones can't support more than 2 or 3 groups as pointed out in other posts.

Roshen: What people don't care for is the ego. Say the surveys come back mainly negative and each of the 1-10 hover between the 3-4 range. Clearly your customers are telling you it was a mistake to implement some of the things that have been done. Instead of holding your head up high and saying i was never wrong I am Sony benevolence is my nature! It would really benefit the game for the developers to publish an apology with an action plan to fix the DS expansion.

Even if it is as simple as doing little things like, assuming these come back from write ins: Hey HA's will spawn quest mobs for progression, or we increased the drop rate of spells and brought back the old exp for the zones under 100, or everyone gets a cookie, i mean a teleport bird to Brother Island CE or no CE. Throw a couple bones at the people and go work on something like House of Thule that was fun and had a unique experience to the game.
  3. Stewgottz Augur

This particular poll is for customers who bought TDS.

I think some of us are asking for a different poll about "Why I didn't buy TDS", or "Why I didn't renew my AA account".

Sadly I don't really think SOE cares too much about people not giving them money, or should I say "least engaged customers".
    Saave likes this.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

why would they care if you DIDNT BUY the expansion? the poll was ABOUT the expansion... That would be like asking them to make a poll on why So and So game is better then eq. They wanted the people who bought the expansion to tell them what they thought. There were questions about raids. NOT EVERY ONE RAIDS. there were questions about raid 5... only 2 guilds (us Inverse Logic and RoI) have seen it on live? ( maybe triton has seen it havent payed too much attention the past few days myself). It asked for the importance factor of the free gifts they "gave".. i cant really see what in the world people would do with paintings there is NO importance to them at all in my eyes, but hey its a POLL of what THEY wanted to know.

It really is one of the better expansions they have made with in the past few years cept for VoA t1 and t2. Just wish it had more content im purposely NOT PLAYING so i have something to do in a few months.
  5. Malachi Augur

Anyone cut out of "most engaged customer" for not playing TDS is a little amusing. I believe that post was just worded wrong. Otherwise I have no issue asking for information from those who experience the content regularly. Looking forward is probably for the best.
  6. Smokn Augur

yes we have, soooo not impressed
  7. Brogett Augur

I quite like TDS tbh. Sure I'd like more content, but what we have I quite like. The main things that marr it are the usual bugs which *really* need fixing.

- Bad pathing with mobs running all sorts of directions if you try to pull them up a slope for example.
    - Water zones. I actually love the look and design of caverns, but hate that there are so many cases of mercs falling in the water, mysterious agro of something I can't see, fish bugging out and warping in/out of water, etc.
    - Z axis being broken. I accidentally got agro exploring in Arx mentis and quickly used Escape to fade agro, but not before a merc in the group healed me. The problem was it was on the floor above! You can imagine the size of the train that produced.
    - Physical resists broken... again.
    - Bards (Ok I've no idea if there are problems with bards, but there must be some, surely!? ;-))

Some of these are probably mutually exclusive! Fixing Z-axis issues would most likely stop healing working when there's a slight bump in the terrain. It's a hard thing to get right, but these bugs are very irritating at times.
  8. Gnuff Journeyman

Am I the only one who read "engaged customers" as "enraged customers". Anyone, I got the survey and filled it out. Can't hurt.
    Marton and Iila like this.
  9. wingz-83 Augur

Anyone have a list of the questions asked for those of us that didn't get it? Just curious.
  10. Iila Augur

Something along the lines of rate the zones, expansion, progression, and raids from 1-10. Give reasons for low answers. Compare to CotF. What did you like/dislike. And any closing comments.

The asked about the 5 main raids, but not about the two side raids. And no comments, so I couldn't say why I didn't like them.
  11. Odiosus Journeyman

That was actually one of my biggest issues with the survey. Using CotF as the comparison lowers the bar far too much. If any expansion from recent years should be used as a metric, it's RoF. Evaluating TDS relative to CotF is just flawed.
    Hayzeus and Iila like this.
  12. Angahran Augur

I've been saying this for like 10 years, but how about ADVERTISING ?
    And I don't mean spamming current subscribers.
    Get a TV advert, or at last some ads on game sites.
    Anything to maybe attract that rare creature, the new player!

EQ has been going for 15 years! That's gotta count for something.
    Get some more resources (stop pulling them off to other projects that all flop in the end anyway).
    Get EQ the resources it deserves and we'll all be here complaining and moaning on the forums in another 15 years!!
  13. Hayzeus Augur

This is so true. You can't set your baseline against another equally poor expansion.
  14. Aghinem Augur

I guarantee, you will find more information through the criticisms in these forums than any survey. Players are knee deep in this game, and for years have used these forums as a means to correspond with each other and the SoE team with honest feedback. Sending out surveys really overcompensates for the tools that are already here; and that is these forums. Put TDS in the search bar, and you will have easily compiled a large list of messages on these forums with all types of feedback.

Additionally, a person whom opted not to purchase TDS should not be suggestive that a player is not as engaged as someone who did buy TDS. That just makes me personally feel that SoE will give more attention to the opinions of TDS buyers through segregation than from those who didn't buy the expansion. I didn't buy TDS because I was vastly disappointed with CotF - reasons I have already explained in other threads.
  15. Brogett Augur

People are encouraged to post when they're angry about something, but not so much when they're happy. So taking a poll can be a more accurate way of really judging what was good and what wasn't.

I applaud the idea of gathering zone statistics for example. It's all relative too. It doesn't really matter if lots of angry people downweight a lot of zones, if one zone is ranked as more fun than another then they need to look into the comments to see what it was that people liked. To understand what we want more of. It's not really rocket science. Good for the devs for polling us IMO, irrespective of what we feel about recent expansions.
  16. UncleUms Journeyman

17. Ruven_BB Augur

Got my survey and made my views known.

Lets hope someone will turn the boat in the right direction, my suggestion is towards the middle of the river, there is a muddy beach on one side that we can easily get stuck in, and sharp jagged rocks on the other bank.

Oh, and please do a remake of Seb in the next expansion!
  18. Saave Augur

Poll? I thought there were no polls allowed in EQ :p
  19. Saave Augur

" engaged" did you mean enraged?

Um, have the " Team " read the forums for this information. ;)

And, why is it that we ALL didn't get this ' poll ' in our emails ? just the selected few?
    EDIT* OK maybe I have settings turned off for emails from SOE like polls.

If you guys " Team " are so far behind in information on what ' we want '.. why is this ' team ' involved in SOE?

Information research should have been done WAY BEFORE making TDS ~ OR ~ expansions for SOE games.

Instead of moving on to making another expansion, why not fix the issues/complaints from customers regarding TDS?

/ponder why these forums are even here sometimes.
  20. Saave Augur

RIGHT ON!!
    Norathorr likes this.