PoHate Needs Faster Respawn

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rancor, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Rancor New Member

It would be great if the respawn time for the t1 mobs in Plane of Hate could be sped up. It is currently on a 10ish hour respawn time. The zone is on complete farm status by many guilds and people who have mage box armies. It is really difficult to try to get any kind of armor from there. Especially for newer players who are not apart of the top guilds or playing with a box mage group. I think a 4-6 hour respawn time would really help the server out, especially since instancing this zone would just not be possible.
  2. Zublak Augur

Agreed. There will be quite a few guilds/people up there within the next month or so as well now that more are hitting level cap.

Still hope they find a way to instance these to help with the overcrowding/chaos.
  3. Rauven Augur

Why are box armies always brought up in these discussions?
    If they're that effective, why don't more guilds use them to counter?
    If suddenly boxing mages wasn't a thing, wouldn't said guilds use another method to lock people out?
    And if that is the real issue, is that one that Daybreak needs to fix, or should players just be more competitive?

I'm asking these questions for real. Because the powers that be, the devs and producers that work with them are going to ask each other these questions before they implement a fix or solution.

To put it in perspective. Someone has issues finding groups. They make posts about it. That no one groups with them, they can't get invites, and so on.

Well the devs are going to ask if they are using the /lfg tool, leaving the cities to go where the camps are, and if they are just not simply ticking people off. In this case, its an issue easily solved by the player himself.

So if mage boxes are a thing. Why don't people just use them? What makes it so much different than using tanks and healers?
    Why don't people just strive to be competitive against such top guilds?

Again I'm playing devil's advocate here. I have my own opinions on the subject, but I don't wish to spoil the discussion with them just yet. But if you all can coherently and constructively give reasons and testimony to why they should change how things are. They might consider it.
  4. Drexll Augur

Not everyone wants to play a mage, and not everyone wants to box multiple accounts (mages at that) just to be competitive. Nor should they have to.

As for trouble finding a group, most semi-informed ppl know it's faster and easier to have mage pets in your group than it is to have real tanks.
  5. Glistarian Augur

This wasn't even a mage box whine thread, and an overly defensive mage boxer had to make it one.
    Lateryn likes this.
  6. vardune Augur

It also need instancing and raid mobs on a 1 hour timer. I dont see a single low level guild getting a peice or plane gear for over a year if this doesn't happen.
  7. Agrippa Augur

The game is easy enough. I don't think that most people enjoy playing broken classes to trivialize things even further. That said, I guess that statement doesn't apply to the raid guilds here, as they're all stacking the hell out of mages.
  8. Gortar Augur

This is a good reason for 6 month expansions :>
    Xanadas likes this.
  9. Rauven Augur

Not everyone wishes to play a tank or healer either. And some people think that they should be able to solo/duo for everything they want (even if its a small number). That argument isn't going to work here.

We have to fundamentally show why its better for the game overall to replace the 'box' armies with real players. Sure.. we as players know why it is intuitively better for the game. But communicating that position is something else entirely. And something I think the community as a whole has failed at doing.

Could Daybreak meet the community halfway? Well that's for the individual to decide for himself. At some point they need to make a decision to stick around or walk away.
  10. Xanadas Augur

Why should a "low level" guild get end game gear? You gotta earn that ish.
  11. Xanadas Augur

The mage crews will get bored soon enough and quit. Who could stand playing 6 of the same toon endlessly? I can't think of a more boring way to play the game. Ya it's funny/cute to see a buncha pets attacking and 6 mages nuking at the same time, but the novelty is gonna wear off 1000 kills later.
  12. Thomasmgp Elder

Planar gear is also just plain AWFUL so its not like gearing up faster is gonna make you super OP and able to solo Sebilis camps with ease once Kunark comes out. I mean dont some pieces even have completely wrong stats on them?
  13. Thomasmgp Elder

Just go up there and loot the stuff thats rotting. The vendor u trade planar gear in for diamonds isnt around so the only thing people will do is leave armor they cant use on the corpses.
  14. Hexaholic Augur

Your reading needs some work. Go read the OP, and tell me again that it doesn't mention "large mage box armies."
  15. Glistarian Augur

Mentions, but does not whine about.

My point is proven.
  16. Detheb Augur

Why do you feel entitled to planes loot? Go up there and earn it!
  17. Rhiyannon Augur

at this point, i honestly do not think daybreak cares, or will change a thing.

all the issues brought up for both servers (bot armies, 3rd party software, training,ksing, camp forcing, single player/guilds controlling end game/major mobs- on rage alone i have seen 2 names pop up for most of the dragons over and over again daily-, koronos, and easily predicted future issues), except one(server limits/queue/extreme over crowding in most zones- after all you can't charge people for a game they can't even log into), have basically been replied to with "working as intended" or not responded to.

i get why you made this post, i've tried it myself, but it's falling on deaf ears... daybreak just doesn't seem to care/have the manpower to do anything. it's either live with it or don't play.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Sadsong Elder

/cry I want , I want, I want.
  19. RainbowTest Augur

When did earning gear become about training others and sitting on spawns for hours? How on earth is that good for your investment to this server? Do you really want these servers to drop in population dramatically next month just cause you want a .111111% chance at a cloak of flames in a 150 person raid? Come on man this server is choking to death on lack of relevant content. The only people who want this are the people who are trying to scrape the server for as many krono's as possible so that when the server dies they can return to their live server with a giant bag full of cheaply earned krono's.
    Drexll and Nenake like this.
  20. Redik2 Augur

Let us equate this to real life...

I could be lazy throughout high school, carry a D average.. just enough to pass.

Application to college? You mean I have to study for hours on end and (in some cases) compete for a higher G.P.A to even be accepted into programs?

Why not apply to McDonalds instead.. that seems easier!

Wait!?!?! HOW COME I'M NOT MAKING SIX FIGURES LIKE THAT GUY WHO WENT TO COLLEGE?!

The point is.. whatever the hobby or profession.. you should be rewarded for more time and effort sunk into said hobby or profession.

You're perpetuating the coddle culture when you give the fat kid (casuals) an I tried ribbon. They can port to hate and sit on spawns like I do. Then they can have their gear.

And before you say some more crap about KSing and Training.. I have not KS'd nor have I trained anybody since I have been on Ragefire. And I am a pair of slippers away from fully planar geared.

If you people got off the forums and quit whining, you could probably level to 46, find a port to hate... Make friends with a few people and get in a pug armor group or at the very least catch some /ooc rots.

When I lead a mini hate raid for gear we /gu our rots and if nobody responds in a minute we /ooc them. There are a few groups up there periodically clearing trash that are un-guilded and I have helped them out on numerous occasions.
    Fallfyres likes this.