Please stop depopping mercs on zone crowding

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikana, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Mikana Augur

"This zone has too many players and / or mercenaries" message - I've been camping here for over an hour, so why should my healer merc get banished just because a group of players passes through the zone on their way to do a mission?

By all means, suspend the mercs of people that have just zoned in, and prevent new mercs from being spawned, but please stop breaking the groups of people that are already established in a zone.

This is going to become even more of a problem in Larions Inn once the raids go live, and a lot of transient players pass through, disrupting play for groups.
  2. Cicelee Augur

It is fun when you engage in a named, and seconds later your merc is suspended. Especially if you rely on your healer merc for heals, your tank merc to tank, etc.

It would be nice to choose a /pick before zoning into LS instead of zoning into the main instance and then /pick. That way new players are filtered into other instances and not the main one.
    Andarriel, fransisco and Nennius like this.
  3. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

#MercsArePlayersToo
    Roxas MM and fransisco like this.
  4. Windance Augur

I like the OP's suggestion:

1. Do not suspend mercs that are already out.
    2. Do not allow new mercs to spawn if over the limit.
    fransisco, Svann2 and Fanra like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

#ConqWillBeTriggered

/ducks
    Silvena likes this.
  6. Silvena *poke*

Channeling my inner Conq (we all have one)

Mercs are the devil.. to keep annoying Conq with!
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My merc has an inner Conq!

#ConqsMindWillBeBlown
    Silvena likes this.
  8. Windance Augur

Do mercs count towards pick zones?
  9. FYAD Augur

group with people, not with mercenaries. problem solved
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

:rolleyes:
    Marton, Fenthen and fransisco like this.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Make the newer players spawn in a pick if the zone is over 90% capacity.

Problem solved.

FWIW, I'm on mercs side. Grouped with hundreds of them.

Never grouped with Conq, so the jury is still out.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't undestand why it doesn't already do that. I mean...I thought that was the whole point of spinning up new pickzones.

Their own code purposely disrupts game play by forcibly suspending mercs. Why do any of the devs think that's acceptable?
    Marton, Fanra, Svann2 and 2 others like this.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Fixed That For You

THINKING would solve it. Believing: "Oh, this is the easiest solution" is their downfall.

14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

LOL maybe 20 yrs ago.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Seems like a bug. Since a pick exists it should be directing people there rather than dropping mercs - at least by default.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Seems like old code to me. I think dropping mercs was the solution to overpopulated zones before there were picks. It should be disabled now there is a better solution.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Knifen Augur

I will say I do like that now when I zone somewhere and my merc depops, its not dead. I can now unsuspend it with full buffs.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

It seems like the code is either/or. We can either have no picks and no merc suspensions, or picks and merc suspensions. They don't seem capabale of separating the two.