Please make 11th Anniversary events available during Seeds of Destruction on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Captain Video Augur

I don't pretend to know every special case. TDS included the 16th anniversary event, and there are no raids in that. There are level-scaled missions which can be done at 75, so it makes sense to me they would move that up a bit, since those tasks are already scaled to give level-appropriate rewards. CotF included the 15th anniversary event, which included one raid (Plane of War) which has long since been separated out of the anniversary event and is available all the time on all servers. The group missions in that event are all requestable at 65.

IMHO, you're trying to make sweeping generalizations here that do not deserve to be made, solely for the sake of your own special interest. My original point was/is very simple, namely that devs have already reviewed and made decisions on the timing of these unlocks, and if you want to argue for a particular change, such as this OP, you need a more compelling argument than just saying "it's not in-era."

Aradune may very well have 10 guilds still active, but they're not all raiding current content, and you know that as well as I do. For some of them, I don't think they can muster enough to raid at all on a consistent schedule.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

What you guys want is not something that is reasonably viable. It would require each ruleset of TLP servers to have their own launcher with its own unique back end. It would require that they randomly pick a week in every era post-GoD for them to activate the the Anniversary events. The vast majority of of the servers will NOT be able to get any of the items in that time, and by the next time those items will be out classed by new gear. Either post-VoA or post RoF, they would have to start devoting 2 weeks to the Anniversary events.

Then on top of all of this, you exact same people complaining about not getting Anniversary in era are also complaining about not having enough time to get flagged and completely BiS geared before the next expansion comes out. Adding in Anniversary events at some point in the appropriate expansion would only reduce the time available for flagging and raid progression.
    Captain Video likes this.
  3. Triconx Augur

No it wouldn't. The same exact code can be used for all servers. They already have half the code because it does a check if the TLP is up to that era when Anniversary content opens for the year.
    Doesn't even make sense. How does that affect flagging. You can't just repeat flagging raids every day. You're going to have down time between flagging.

Your statement is the equivalent is saying if you have two pairs of car keys you can't drive your car because you have too many sets of keys.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

There are people that said I was crazy and they would never give us click from bags on TLP. I asked and we got it.

There were people that said We wouldn't get extended target window before UF. I asked and we got it.

There were people who said OOC regen was too OP before TSS. I asked and we got it.

There were people who said Aggro meters shouldn't be added to the game before RoF. I asked and we got it.

There were people who said Raid Currency shouldn't or wouldn't be increased on TLP. I asked and it was increased on TLP and live servers.

I will keep asking for things I think will make the game better, and you can keep saying we shouldn't or wont get it. At this point it doesn't matter what the negative people think, because DPG has sided with me the majority of the time, and that is not something your negative posts can change.
  5. Rogean Lorekeeper

They already have support for enabling and disabling things on a sub-era basis. For example, when they added increased drops for Plane of Storms keys, it starts when PoP opens and ends 1 Month later. So it's entirely possible for them to have Anniversary Events start when an expansion opens (or 1 month into it) and stop 4 or 6 weeks later.
    Zarniwoop and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  6. Triconx Augur

I thought really long before deciding to reply because it's like speaking to a brick wall.

First, let me try to clarify as best as possible how my suggestion would work. As it stands, Aradune will get Fabled Planes some time this summer of 2023 roughly. By that time we will be at the tail end of SoD or beginning of UF. That means Fabled Planes will go largely unused and pretty pointless to do outside of nostalgia and purely enjoyment aka wasted content. With my proposed solution, Fabled Planes would have released Dec 2022. Now, tell me, would there be a vastly different player experience receiving content only 6 months earlier than normal? Do you play on Aradune? Have you seen many Quarm kill emotes going off? Do you know any guild farming or progressing through POP right now on Aradune? The answer is obvious if you play there.

Your "issue" is going to happen regardless. It's not a matter of if it will happen, it's when. The devs already decided your issue isn't vast enough to worry about. It's simply a non-issue so you bringing it up is beyond pointless. It's a red herring.

Also, please explain how playing on a live server solves the problem of playing in fabled planes in an era appropriate time period. Do you have a secret time machine so we can travel back to 2010? What "live" server is currently in SOF? None.

And BTW I play on a live server. What does playing there have to do with playing on a TLP and wanting to play era-appropriate content in that era? Oh that's right, nothing, yet again. Another red herring.

Please provide a valid reason and logical post and we'll talk.
    So no anniversary or HH content should ever unlock on any server, including live. That's basically what your statements boil down to. It's a good thing devs disagree with you. Have a good one.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What about the players who don't want to have the fabled mobs up during that time because it hurts their progression? I just don't see that it is worth causing the disruption in the zones to do special runs of the events on the server. And just because you don't have people killing the final raid boss doesn't mean that the zones are not in use by appropriate level players

If you want to play time released content when it is relevant joining a server that has everything unlocking faster is going to mean you will get that special content later then you want. Overall I can see that causing a lot of confusion as people see it up on one server and ask why it isn't up on all servers.
  8. Triconx Augur

Re-read what I wrote because it's been answered already. Do you actually read or just regurgitate the same things over and over until people get so fed up of repeating themselves that they ignore you?

Your proclaimed zone disruptions happen whether or not you like it so stop posting about it. It serves no benefit. The DEVS DECIDED the solution to the "zone disruptions": They activate the content. Period. Over. The End. Stop posting this drivel.

Still doesn't solve the problem with content that released over 10 years ago, as I already stated.

If you're just going to repeat the same nonsense just do us a favor and stop. Your arguments have already been refuted and proven to be nothing more than red herrings. In case you don't know what a red herring is: distractions to deflect from the argument at hand.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The fabled content does change the mobs in the zone and it can make it hard if not impossible for appropriate level players to use those zones. The fact that it happens once a year at a predetermined time is one thing but to make it happen out of schedule on a server is another thing.

I don't see the problem of not getting time locked content at other times during the year because it isn't as relevant when it would be unlocked on the server. I see no reason why anniversary type content should be released at other times during the year because some say it would be more relevant.

How about instead of trying to change the release to be a different time make a suggestion to change which expansions they unlock at.
  10. Triconx Augur

No it's not. It will always open up during a specific expansion release. Pretty simple to follow. The difference is negligable.

And again, do you even play on TLPs? You do realize nobody is doing POP content during SOF, yes?

More red herrings.
    Just because you don't see a reason doesn't mean others shouldn't see a reason why. Your opinions matter none and aren't a valid argument against the suggestion. It's not a technical issue or player-base issue. It's actually nothing but your opinion which isn't worth all that much.
    That would not serve as any benefit whatsoever since as of now Anniversary's are once a year. Last year for Anniversary Aradune was in DoDh. The gear in fPoTime would be literally unsuable. I'd argue the mobs would also be unkillable.

Furthermore, the earlier the expansion you set it the more your former issue may prop up. Your rebuttals and solutions are completely contradictory. It's astonishing the level of cognitive dissonance going on in your posts. You're worried about people "progressing" in POP during SOF (LOL), but make a suggestion to unlock them in...TBS? TSS? POR?...huh? How does that make any bit of sense? o_O

You either make anniversary content dynamically unlock based on expansion - which isn't difficult considering they have tons of things that do this already - or you leave the content to waste away and rot rather than be enjoyed by the community.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the expansion it is designed to open in isn't what players want on a TLP why not suggest adjusting which expansion it unlocks in instead of trying to change the entire system and unlock at a different time of the year?

Just as you are allowed to have your opinion on when during the year this should happen I am also allowed to have my opinion on when it should happen.

The issues I am raising have to do with unexpected changing of the zones during parts of the year it shouldn't happen. Changing of the zone during the expected time frame is different and I see no reason to put in those events during other times of the year.
  12. Captain Video Augur

Or, you make anniversary events part of the game's actual anniversary, across all servers, as a marketing thing. Which (surprise) is exactly what they're doing now. Buy the company and you can change this and run things exactly as you want. There don't have to be any anniversary events on TLPs at all. TLPs are not guaranteed, and were never guaranteed, to include every special event which might have occurred back in the day.

The people I play with care about completing progression tasks on a very tight schedule. Anniversary events, all of them, are meaningless to progression. They can be fun for those of us who want to complete their achievements, which can be done whenever they're available. If you happen get a useful quest reward or raid drop out of one of them, great, but it's not essential for race gameplay, which is what a TLP is at this stage.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  13. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

To be clear, as I feel like this has gone off the rails a bit, this thread is intended to move the 11th anniversary events/missions/raids from an Underfoot unlock to a Seeds of Destruction unlock since the events/missions/raids are more in line difficulty-wise and gear-wise with Seeds of Destruction than Underfoot. Most if not all of the items granted as rewards from these events are level 80 required/level 85 recommended. None of the items in question would over-power a character during the Seeds expansion.

Some discussion of Fabled has leaked into this thread for some reason, but that is not the intended purpose of the thread. Making Fabled available dynamically on TLP during each era where they would be useful is a MUCH more difficult task than simply flagging 11th Anniversary events as SoD rather than UF. Completely changing the way anniversary events work on TLP is far to great a task to go after on these forums, which is why I narrowed the scope in this thread to simply changing one thing.

Changing the 11th anniversary from UF flagged to SoD flagged would benefit the most people over the course of multiple TLP servers and that was the intent of this thread, to allow more people to experience these events at a time where they are not trivialized by levels.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  14. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I have spoken with quite a few people playing on Aradune, and for the most part people would have no issue with this change. Going beyond that, people would also be happy with the times for the Anniversary events to be slightly extended (while still adhering to previous anniversary event timelines).

An extension for the 11th anniversary events until the end of May would allow Aradune to experience these events while they are still fun and near appropriate level instead of an "lol faceroll" at level 105.

Underfoot launches on May 25th. If making the 11th anniversary events tagged as Seeds of Destruction is too great of an ask, perhaps just a slight extension of these events by 2 weeks over what we got last year would allow Aradune to be able to just barely fit these events in with Underfoot launch.
  15. Ishbu Augur

I cant believe there are people arguing that content should not be available until it is completely useless and trivial for characters on a progression server that, you know, progresses through the content by era in a time locked fashion.
    Wyre Wintermute and Zarniwoop like this.
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If we locked Waring, Xianzu, and Captain Video all in a room together and had them duel to the death... well, I lost my train of thought, but I wouldn't need to scroll past nearly as many posts.
    Zarniwoop and Appren like this.
  17. Captain Video Augur

The TLP PVP server campaign is in another thread.
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I am not sure why people would want to deny access to certain things for certain people. What I do know is that through a change, simple or otherwise, the 11th anniversary events can be experienced and enjoyed by more people either by flagging these events as Seeds of Destruction content, or by simply moving the end date for the 11th anniversary events until after Aradune and Rizlona have reached Underfoot.

Aradune and Rizlona deserve to be able to complete this content while it is not trivialized by levels and power creep.
    Wyre Wintermute and Ishbu like this.
  19. Penelo Lorekeeper

I would like to see all anniversary events/quests available all of the time after they are X years old or we are X months past that content on TLP. Make them limited edition content when they are "current" then have them always in. Most of it is just cosmetic / quality of life stuff anyways and doesn't have a huge impact.

Fabled would be a bit tricky because that impacts open world zones. Those might need to after X months past content and also for a limited time so it doesn't mess with people. Or maybe limit Fabled to AoC instances only after X amount of time past that content.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

This is actually called "Proof by Assertion" and it is practiced often by politicians and advertisers. It's definitely outside of the rules of these forums, especially in the way Waring continues to use it. For some reason, the moderation 'team' chooses to look the other way.

It's incredibly nonconstructive and often just ends up getting threads locked, which I assume is Waring's preferred outcome.

As for the OP, yes, a ton of the anni event stuff should be moved to be relevant. Good luck moving the mountain.
    Zarniwoop likes this.