Please help an old timer trying to get logged in

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Seeber, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Seeber New Member

My 1999 character fro mVeeshan is still up and active. I was trying to create a character on Lockjaw/Ragefire when it would allow me to create a character but not save it - anywhere. It showed 0 of 9 character slots. Soooo .. obviously this is a money thing so I joined all access for a month - which gave me 500 play cash. Still no character to create.

Now I add three months of all access - no more cash to be had, but I am out some real money and still no character creation.

What am I doing wrong?

What process do you follow to get to plac a player on oine of these servers?

Customer Service does not exists as far as I can tell with Daybreak - which saddens me on the future of EQN and its possible launch. As a former leader of a Call Center, ignoring the customer is death - perhaps Daybreak knows better.

Anyway, any help from the masses would be great- would love to show up nekkid in Rivervale again.

Seeber of Veeshan
  2. iClimax Journeyman

It just so happens that your timing is perfect, the servers, as far as I can tell are currently down. I crashed switching zones, and the server is currently "down" on the server list.
    That's of course if you literally just tried, if you tried some hours ago, I don't really know what/how to fix it. :(
    edit: I'm referring to Ragefire, I don't know about Lockjaw but currently the list shows it as up. Maybe someone else would have insight on that. But their live stream starts in 33 minutes I believe, maybe some answers are to be had there. :)
    Seeber likes this.
  3. Seeber New Member

This has been occurring for Days.

Can you simply tell me what you do special to make a character on thos eservers?

I deleted an old caharcter on another server hoping that was the issue - you know too many characters, but that did not help.

What does one need to do to secure a character on one of these servers?
  4. Dripping Journeyman

Click create character.. wait a few seconds.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  5. Trellium Elder

I don't understand the original post.

As I understand it:

* You subscribed to play on TLP servers (Ragefire and Lockjaw)
    * You got to the character select screen, but had no characters.
    * Your screen shows 0 of 9 (well, 8 to 14 depending on what you bought for extra slots), which it does for everyone who is new to a server.
    * I assume you then clicked "Create Character", and made one.there (you need to pick the class/race and select a name. On the right are options for deity, starting city, and other options. The bottom center has the place to set the name you want. Then click Enter World on the right.

Is this what you did and it didn't then enter the world?
  6. Trellium Elder

You don't need to delete characters if you have 0 of 9 used. You have 9 empty slots. You have 9 slots on every other server as well, and can buy 5 more (you did get one extra already, probably bought via the Store Points or the Loyalty system).

You are All-Access already since you see the servers (Ragefire/Lockjaw) on the list. Don't keep adding to that.

Create a character, if it's in the world it is created. Camp out, and it will be on the list.

Unless I am missing something in your posts.
  7. Seeber New Member

Exactly - no ebnter world - no way to save the character I created . Always made a halfling cleric - and no way to save.
  8. Trellium Elder

There is NO SAVE. There has never been a save. It is Enter World, on the right side of the screen of the character creation screen.

You can pick the class/race? Then if there is no Enter World button, you have a resolution too big for your monitor. Go back to Launchpad, click the little gear on the left to access the resolution there.
    Drexll likes this.
  9. Gythlen Augur

What you are reading here is right (minus the troll posts).

You should be seeing something like my screen shows in the screenshot below.

[IMG]

When you click Create Character, you go through the process of making what you want (from race/class/appearance/deity/etc.

Once you are done that, there is no Save button. You just click Enter World.

[IMG]

If you cannot/do not see either of these things, you need to contact DBG Customer Service.
    Seeber likes this.
  10. Necromonious Augur

Or too small. I forget what it was. But this was my exact problem years ago when I first started trying to play EQ again. I had no "Enter World" button my char select screen. I asked in forums and they said to adjust game resoluation or put in windowed mode. So I did and that fixed it
    Seeber likes this.
  11. Trellium Elder

Oh, putting it in windowed mode would do it too. That would help.
  12. Seeber New Member

RESOLVED! - Thank you so much - simply never could see the enter world buton. Thank you thank you thank you
  13. Valkerine Augur

Seeber, you all set now? You got game time on your account and such?