Please fix the complete and utter cesspool that Ragefire is

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by trevock, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevock Augur

Start policing this server. It's getting to be insurmountably laughable now at the amount of asshattery that goes on. Forget about the 6+ or 10+ mage'd idiots running around taking camps, KS'ing everything in sight. Even people that aren't running mage armies are doing it and being just overall d-bags continuously.

I had 2 toons in the game last night. One magician in Lower Guk at the assassin/supplier camp and another toon at the Giants in Rathe Mountains. In BOTH spots there were KS'ers. In Lguk, we had just pulled the assassin and a 6+ mage boxer comes in and practically one shots it and then leaves. Then, he came back as the supplier popped ..did the same thing.

In Rathe Mountains, there was a guy and while I won't say his full name I'll say the first 3 letters so DBG doesn't yell. It was "Sol--" the mage. Everyone in OOC knew him and was complaining about the KS'ing. People even said they fraps'd it and opened a ticket and sent the info to DBG and had for weeks...nothing has been done.

What's pretty funny is this mage will walk up to a player that's new to the area and doesn't know him, ask for buffs such as sow, clarity, or the "hey can you buff my pet please?", and then 10 minutes later he'll KS that person over and over.

Talk about a double dose of having someone unzip their pants and lay a giant turd on your head after you're nice to them.

TL;DR: Do something about all the d-baggery on your stupid server. I would pay you guys cash money to get off this cesspool. How much you want? I'll write you a blank check at this point.
  2. Heilena Augur

Well hopefully this actually gets changed some. But mean while they found time to suspend my g15 macro /pet attack A_decaying_skeleton after 3 hours or so last night while leaving the other 2 mages running!

SO they should be getting around to taking care of business. Then again I was on lockjaw testing not ragefire.
  3. Pikallo Augur

Are you that consumed by your sputtering rage that you missed the recent announcement that they added guides back to the TLP servers? Sticky posted a few inches above this whine post...

There was a broadcast last night on Ragefire from the Senior Guide to announce his presence and how to submit issues. Its not as if they aren't doing anything...

Maybe try that?
  4. trevock Augur

No I got the announcement and I remember seeing the broadcast but yet nothing was done for the 7+ hours that we were in the game last night. A player was KS'ing the Giants for atleast that long and was still doing it. And it wasn't just 1 or 2 people.
  5. Numiko Augur

I think you actually have to ask for help from the guides to get some... they are not monitoring every zones in EQ 24/7.
  6. squidgod Augur

Must have missed the part where they also reinstated the PnP. KSing still allowed/encouraged.
  7. Rhiyannon Augur

ks isn't against the current rules...

dgb encourages "dps race brah!" despite how most feel about it, by taking it out of the PnP encourages this, despite how people are quitting or wont even try to raid etc because of this...
  8. Katmandu26 Augur

I ran in to this guy, too. I happily sow'd his pet and afterwards he started pulling everything around me. Being a druid, I can only kill two - maybe three - HGs with a full bar of mana and then I'm out for 5-7 minutes medding. I'm no real threat to anyone, so it didn't make a lot of sense to take everything around where I was sitting. Then one popped on top of me, I rooted, dotted, and had a seat - and he attacked and killed it. When I shot him a tell I got sworn at and when I said "no more sow for you!" he proceeded to try to train me repeatedly and I bounced to another instance and left him to his train.

It doesn't make the server a cesspool, though. One lousy, selfish player doesn't mean everyone on the server is an utter jerk. In fact, until that mage showed up, people were being more than courteous and even as competitive as it is for kills up there, I've had many people buff me, thank me for help, help me when I get an add I don't have the mana for, and apologize if they accidentally tag a kill I was also going for. More often than not I've seen a player back away when we both hit it at the same time.

Don't judge the whole server by a few tools. There are still some really good people on Ragefire; and people like this give them all a bad name and ruin their playtime.

I agree with a poster above me that these acts should be brought to the attention of a guide. That's what they're for. If that doesn't help, there are some powerhouses on the server that might help, too, if you just ask politely. I don't think they want the server trashed any more than anyone else. Granted, I'm sure some could care less and even participate, but enough complaining might get something done.

Then again... maybe with enough voice we can get the PnP policy back.
  9. Pikallo Augur

No one is making you play on the "stupid server". If you hate it so much, why are you still playing?
  10. Canik Augur

Indeed, you were never KSed. You were out DPS'd. Doesn't matter if you aren't playing a DPS class.
  11. trevock Augur

Because I like the game and would switch servers if I could? I'm not going to reroll all my toons. If you have nothing useful to add, why are you still commenting?
    Wide_Glide likes this.
  12. trevock Augur

So by DBG's logic, if a group of level 50's decide to pop over into a zone or a camp and just take it over and out DPS everyone, then "DPS race brah!" and tough luck?
  13. Canik Augur

Unfortunately, yes. That is the current ruleset. They have clearly said they will not interfere with Mob/Camp disputes.
  14. trevock Augur

Just, wow. How can anyone compete with someone coming into a camp or a zone for that matter with 10+ mage armies and killing all the named mobs? Like in LGuk and one guy with 10 mages destroying the named?
  15. Canik Augur

No idea. Training is bannable. Naming and shaming are against the rules of this forum. DBG says "Police yourselves!", we ask "how?". We still have not gotten an answer.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  16. Katmandu26 Augur

Well... I don't know about the PnP policy not being in game, after doing some research. This is the quote about the Guide Program as pertaining to Lockjaw and Ragefire, via Holly Windstalker:

This is a bit of a trial program. Guides can answer your general questions as well as support our game masters with investigating reports of players cheating, training and other forms of harassment (such as spam, inappropriate language, and bad player names). We’ll be looking at how this goes and how far we should extend this additional support for all EQ players.

You can contact guides by using the /guidehelp command in game. If you have any questions about what behavior is appropriate in-game, check out our Rules of Conduct here.

And if you click on the "check out our Rules of Conduct" link, you find this:

EverQuest Rules of Conduct
    THE FOLLOWING ARE THE BASIC RULES OF CONDUCT THAT GOVERN PLAYER INTERACTION AND ACTIVITY WITHIN EVERQUEST AND IN THE OFFICIAL EVERQUEST FORUMS. FAILURE TO ACT RESPONSIBLY AND COMPLY WITH THESE RULES WITHIN EVERQUEST AND THE OFFICIAL EVERQUEST FORUMS MAY RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY REFUND OF ANY KIND.

1. You may not harass or threaten other players.

2. You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language.

3. You may not impersonate any Daybreak Game Company LLC, Sony Online Entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment America, or Verant Interactive employee, past or present, including any Customer Support personnel.

4. You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.

5. You may not modify any part of the EverQuest Client, Server or any part of the EverQuest Web Page located at <https://www.everquest.com/home>.

6. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated or illegal software while on EverQuest or the EverQuest Web site.

7. You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in EverQuest or on the Official EverQuest Forums.

8. You may not organize nor be a member of any guilds or groups within EverQuest that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.

9. You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your EverQuest account.

10. You will not upload or transmit on EverQuest, or on the EverQuest Web Site any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.

11. You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running EverQuest.

12. You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "/bug" command.

13. You will not attempt to play EverQuest on any server that is not controlled or authorized by Daybreak Game Company LLC, or its designees.

14. You will not create, use or provide any server or other site where EverQuest may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to EverQuest without the express written permission of Daybreak Game Company LLC.

1.1 Play Nice Policies - Activity within EverQuest

In addition to the Rules of Conduct listed in section 1.0, players are also subject to these supplementary guidelines while playing EverQuest. While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and don'ts in EverQuest, it provides a suitable foundation by which the player can determine what activities are appropriate:
    There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master or Guide on any server. We believe players can resolve disputes about camps and raid bosses between each other. Game Masters and Guides will not help negotiate these disputes between players and guilds.

1. Foul language is not permitted, in any language.

Excessive use of foul language in an inappropriate context, including swear words, real-world racial slurs, and other language that is not consistent with the fantasy environment and designed to hurt, will be considered a disruption. The existence of the filter (/filter) is not a license to be profane.

2. You may not harass others.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the Game Master involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed.

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

o Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

o Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

o Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

o Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).
  17. Pikallo Augur

Maybe if you came across in a civil manner your post might get a more serious approach. Pretty hilarious you post about all the "d-baggery" then act like one yourself.

I'm not condoning KSing or any of that childish nonsense, but this isn't the way to go about making change. That was my point and why I am still commenting.
  18. Elkay Augur

And this is why the Guide program is a good start, but not the full solution.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  19. Korillo Augur

That is why those people makes the mage armies, because the ruleset does not discourage dps racing, so they know they can overtake just about anyone whenever they want without consequence.

Perhaps the new guides will improve things, we shall see. Getting your camp stolen sucks but it doesn't happen nearly as often as people on here are claiming. The best option you have atm is to move on to another camp if this happens to you.
  20. Katmandu26 Augur

With what I posted above, that particular mage mentioned earlier could certainly get in to trouble.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.