Please de-couple buff blocking from Prophesy of Ro on Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Ryak Augur

Yeah, I have a similar laundry list, but the impression I get is that any time a list like this gets thrown out, the conversation inevitably gets side tracked because the most controversial thing on the list gets argued back and forth.

While asking for a single change which has broad community support and also requires less effort to discuss/implement seems to have had a much better track record.

So I think buff blocking is good enough for the immediate future.
  2. Geoux Lorekeeper

I'm not playing on Agnarr, but this does raise a question. What features, if any, will they allow Agnarr players access to that would otherwise never become available? Have they said anything about this topic elsewhere?
  3. Risiko Augur

Yes please.
  4. KPW99 Lorekeeper

Agro meter and extended target window are both way more game breaking than shaman/druid rez
  5. Finley Augur

They just need to figure out a way to offer all these on a per account basis and sell it as a one time fee similar to how the 40 slot bag and exp potion pack works.
  6. Karanthal Augur

I'm in for most of those too.

I would say though the Extended target window is definitely much more than a quality of life improvement. Being able to see aggro and how many as a puller or CC class can make a certain encounters much more trivial. Don't get me wrong, i love it, but its a game changing ability.

I'm kind of meh on the aggro metre. Playing a single class it's pretty easy to "know your limits" as dps or healer. It's a bit harder if you are boxing and can't remember what you have cast.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

Buff blocking should be added as part of the base game. Its pure QoL; plus since I'm about to murder the next pally that casts brells after its been MGB'd and clicked off already; it might just save someones life...

The rest of that list is arguable; well somewhat.. threat meter and extended target window are far more then QoL improvements and should wait. Clicking from bags too.

Bandoleer and potion belt.. eh kinda QoL kinda not as it makes swapping weapon sets instant and easy. (to say get an avatar proc, if you still need it). So I'd be more on the fence about those, even though they would directly help me too.
    Krrill likes this.
  8. Pikallo Augur

Yeah just to be clear, I was NOT advocating for any of those things other than Buff Blocking. It is the only one that has basically zero impact to the game or player power and is purely convenience.

All the others in the list, while adding convenience and QoL, can also be seen as conveniences that water down the original complexities of the game or add significant player power. Take click from bags for example - it wouldn't be massively game breaking - but you had to actually prioritize and organize your clickies as to which you want to wear or have available in your direct inventory slots. You might have to sacrifice some bag space, or change gear depending on what you want to use, or simply be more organized about keeping clicky items in a bag and swapping out if you really wanted to use one. Adding click from bags removes all that complexity and decision-making, which is just an element of classic EQ that I believe should still be in place, despite the fact that most times I would LOVE to just make a hotbar with my 19 clicky items and be done with it. Same sort of deal with potion belt, and bandolier.

Agro meter and Ext. target window are pretty obvious in terms of game impact, so I doubt we'll ever see those before the server reaches the appropriate expansion(which I agree with).
  9. Basak Augur

1) No reason for this not to be a thing. Only benefit is saving maybe a couple seconds making you have an extra couple seconds to do other things.

2) This should be in. There are so many buffs I get that I just click off even now, with the ability to block them I won't have to worry about them anymore.

3) Bandolier saves you more than a couple seconds but not quite into the minute level. This I see as the same thing as click from bag, the time it saves is not all that invasive.

4) I don't use potions. But I suppose those that do would find this useful. As such, this is similar to the saved time you get from Bandolier.

5) Agro Meter I see no logic for this to be in the game, ever. But it does make things easier and I suppose there are those that need to use it.

6) No. Just no. This should never have been a thing. While I can accept the aggro meter, this one is just going too far.
  10. Ryak Augur

There's an interesting meta-dilemma with this thread. I hate that it's going off topic to other similar issues, but on the other hand, if i wasn't going off topic, the request would be so uncontroversial, that it would fall right off the front page.

:confused:

I guess, technically, I wouldn't have to worry about it...if we got a response. :D
  11. Grunz New Member

+1 for earlier buff blocking feature
  12. Ryak Augur

Is there any way we could get a response on this?
    Xanadas likes this.
  13. Xanadas Augur

Is there a way? Yes..
    Will it happen? Wouldn't bet on it.
  14. Phinny4Life Lorekeeper

+1 for buff blocking
  15. Healbro Elder

Rito pls
    MaestroM likes this.
  16. Poppinfresh Elder

I fully support unlinking buff blocking from progression.

Granted, I don't really have a dog in this fight. I took a vacation in Las Vegnarr and did quite nicely at the krono table, then returned home to live. I already have, and get a lot of use out of, the QoL features I've seen mentioned in this thread. I can honestly say I wasn't pining wistfully for any of them while I was on Agnarr... except for buff blocking. The amount of clicking off unwanted buffs in every single raid, and sadly a large number of groups, when I'm so used to the set it and forget it convenience of buff blocking, was such a drag. If you all get no other QoL feature before its appropriate expansion, I hope you do get that one.
  17. Ryak Augur

BTW, It doesn't HAVE to be done in the next patch...though it would be nice and make the community happy! :cool:

And I still think this almost has to be the kind of low effort change that provides a huge good-will to effort ratio.
  18. Soltara Augur

Please give us buff blocking. Get away from me ranger buffs.
  19. Ryak Augur

Oh man, I can't decide which is worse (as a necromancer). Ninja ranger buffs blocking brells or ninja VoQ overwriting Gift of Brilliance if i didn't keep lich up even when i didn't need it.

Before i got enough regen to counteract lich i would have said ninja VoQ was worse for sure. Now it's a tossup.

You know what? I think haste wasting a buff slot came out of nowhere to be my #1 now that I think about it.
  20. Baldur Augur

The haste in PoP gives a lot of agility and dex, so it's not a wasted slot if you're not maxed on those stats. I guess if you never get hit it might be.