Please Bring Back Old Plane of Mischief for Anniversary

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

One of the problems currently with the game is that Plane of Mischief was meant as a puzzle zone that was incomplete. It was complete "enough" that people could play and enjoy the puzzles and there was a website dedicated to unlocking all of the secrets.

http://www.planeofmischief.com/

.It was one of the best zones in the game, however it was taken in an unpopular revamp. While Castle Mistmoore revamp was taken out of the game, Plane of Mischief hasn't returned for everyone to enjoy.

Preferably would be to have Plane of Mischief and Plane of Mischief 2 as a parallel dimension where you could go to either. To to Plane of Mischief original you'd have to to NtoV and run through, while Plane of Mischief the revamp go through Great Divide.

What are your thoughts?
    Spellfire, Fanra, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

PoM 1.0 was briefly available on all Live Servers on April Fool’s Day 2015 for only 24 hours. However, it did not return for 2016 and 2017. I was able to loot about two dozen old school PoM cards including two sets to make “Mask of the Tundra Walker” (Barb illusion for clerics). Perhaps we should see its return every year on April Fools Day but no doubt everyone will be griefing each other over the loot rat race for such a short period of availability.
  3. Tutankamen Augur

Sounds fun- bring it back for anniversary.
  4. Tachyon Augur

The original PoM is one of the reasons I play on the TLP servers. It would be easy to add the option to live since they already have it done!
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wait, I am confused. I have been hunting in POM about once a week on Tunare. You mean the revamp ruined the zone so the cards no longer drop?
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Unless this was changed recently, PoM cards only drop in the PoM 1.0 version of the zone. You can still do combines on Live Servers if you find cards elsewhere.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Some of the cards (at least) drop on live servers, I get them rarely when I'm in the zone. I don't think you can get the deck anymore, though.
  8. Tachyon Augur

I haven't seen cards drop on live, that said they are tradeable so many are still in circulation on the oldest servers.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Are you looting All-color Squires, Blue/Black Knights, and White Throne? Are they dropping off of a particular mob in revamped? I’ll be pleasantly surprised if cards are indeed back in the revamped version and hope Prathun can also confirm.

Edit: I think that a junk, non-related Jester card drops in revamped PoM and maybe you are thinking of that?
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Nah, not jesters. I got a couple knights and one other type in the chessboard room and the black/white room the last few times I was there. I don't remember which color any of them were because I knew I couldn't use them (I don't have the deck). I do have them in my bank and/or plot though /shrug.
  11. windomere New Member

Benito what server are you on? I'm looking for a few cards. Qbert you are on a regular server and have gotten cards to drop? I was online for that April Fools 2015 and bummed I didn't get more. I got a lot of squires and a few of everything else.

Cheers
  12. Raltar Augur

If this is true, you can get them on TLPs where PoM 1.0 is still available and then transfer your character to live if you REALLY, REALLY want them.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Tachyon Augur

I don't see why you couldn't but you'd have check the transfer limitations. The usually don't allow transfers for a while and then only to specific servers.
  14. Zaph Augur

The Deck of Spontaneous Generation is still available in PoM revamp, just give clukker some fishing grubs

I got several full sets of cards during the April fools day, pity theres nothing worthwhile to make from them for me
  15. Gnomereaper Augur

I don't like the new zone, I played in the older version and greatly preferred it. There were a lot of players back during the revamp that did not like the change, either.

If you look at the different aesthetics of the old zone, each server had it's own little community of Plane of Mischief players. It was a very fun zone for that time period to walk around, explore, and XP.

The nearest I can say is that it's similar to the attitude people get during Anniversary time. People cooperate more, people are nicer and each wants to experience the old content from the past. The only zone that gives a near example of this would probably be Sathir's Tomb or Plane of War for unique, pocket zone like experience.

However, I don't want it to be "exclusive" or whatever. It's been well over fifteen since I've seen the place, and I'd like to see it. There are characters that I'd like to XP there with too and relive the old days for at least a little while.

Just because you yourself enjoy the revamp, that's fine. Everything has fans. After anniversary it would return to normal.

For myself? I'd like to relive the fun of the old zone and explore old content that I personally have fond memories of.

Also, there's something that goes without saying, I know a person whose house had some issues and lost some of their old items including some very difficult to obtain PoM items like the flowers. This is why at least in part that discussing things is a good idea. There are also people that are playing different characters now than when PoM was active. So replacing those old items is something some people would also want to do.

People have different reasons to want something.

And as for people wanting to farm PoM Cards, more power to them.
  16. Goodn Augur

On Xegony during the 2015 April Fools Day event, top level guilds basically locked down every PoM spawn available and the event wasn't much fun for people not in those guilds.

I'd love for it to comeback, but if just a normal version, people are just going to lock it down again (at least on Xegony). What would be nice is if they made a quest that you could do that would give you access to an instanced version (maybe with a dztask) for 6 hours. You could invite friends, alts, whatever, and be in control of the zone to avoid the monopolizing issue. And it poofs in 6 hours like an instance. Make the lockout whatever you think should be and have it run during the last two weeks of March, First two weeks of April. And call it a day.
  17. Gnomereaper Augur

Or pick zones are a good idea!
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I remember the April Fools day revamp!! I don't think many on Povar knew about it, I had the zone to myself for a few hours and got quite a few cards. I might have to look into them again if the decks are still available and see what I can make!!
  19. Goodn Augur

The problem with pick zones is that if the zone is something special, you can still run into people locking down things across multiple picks.

Our infamous xxxbot person was notorious for holding down multiple picks for the bag named in HH Seb during the month. I believe some angry folks even posted about it here if you want to look it up.

That's why if it were to come back, I'd like to see some sort of instanced version that you might not be able to access a ton...but you could ensure that you could adventure in the parts you wanted to.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

As of 1:30 AM Pacific Time, PoM 1.0 has NOT returned for April Fools Day 2018 (on my server at least).

If anyone has reports to the contrary, please post details!

*I killed Bristlebane. Nothing special happened.