please allow us to resell gear to merchant

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Booger, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Booger Elder

this is the 3rd time in the last few months ive bought the wroung iteam from a merchant. such as the raid gear merchants in shards landing :( please let us resell gear back to these merchants .
  2. Bigstomp Augur

How do you manage to make the same mistake 3 times in such a short period? I'm pretty sure they even ask you if you are sure.
  3. Booger Elder

difrent merchants at difrent times but yea . we use to beable to resell to them a few years back not shur why they stoped doing it.
  4. Brudal Augur

The same has happened to me on occasion, a politely worded petition can do wonders to revert your mistaken purchase to the intended item.
  5. Booger Elder

yes petioning does help but why should we have to bug the GMs about silly stuff like this . when they can just start makeing it ok to resell to merchants again.
  6. Bardy Elder

It would be nice, but don't think it will happen.

Spell check is your friend, I assume english is not your first language.
  7. Nelson Lorekeeper

Because silly stuff like this is why they have a pop up window asking you if you're sure you want that particular item.

When you allow resell you get into the whole dilemma with having chest-dropped loot being sold for currency.
  8. Siddar Augur

I see no real need for item buy back on raid merchants.

I would like to see slot and recommended classes displayed next to each.

The new all/all item system creates a huge list of items that can be jungle to hack your way through to find items that are best for your class.
  9. enclee Augur

24 hour buyback period wouldn't hurt.
    Wizadress Senlainae likes this.
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

If it wasn't for FV it probably wouldn't be an issue and we'd have sell back. Since you can't do anything with it but reduce the total currency pool you have (buy backs have always been 70%), there is no balance issue for non-FV servers.
  11. Mykaylla Augur

That can actually be prevented- Old Man McKenzie chest drops sell to the vendor for next to nothing, whereas if you bought the same thing from him with currency, and sell it back, you get something like half to two-thirds back.