Playing Possum failure rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Malbro Augur

Is it just me or is playing possum failing at an very high rate, close to 50% failure rate.

It's getting so I can't rely on it and I've lost count the number of times I have died because of it failing.
  2. Raptorjesus5 Augur

That's funny, because I was just wondering why my Monk slow and buffs and nukes and heals and pet all had really high failure rate.
    Mintalie, Voodoman and Loratex like this.
  3. Stubar Augur

It's just you. Works fine for me.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

ive been complaining about all of my FD aa's for years i keep hearing the same thing year after year "not broken just you" its bad rng... deal with it
  5. Iila Augur

Parse a few thousand casts of it and report back with the failure rate. Otherwise you're just remembering the notable events (failures) and forgetting the expected events (successes) over a small number of trials.
  6. Falos Augur

are you running full speed when you attempt to feign? Sometimes fast running can cause a fd (any fd) to fail.
  7. Xirtket Augur

Be happy you even have fd now.
  8. Malbro Augur

Nope, standing still and not attacking anything.
  9. SpamFactory Augur

I may be crazy but I swear I remember years ago on the monkley business forums some dev confirmed that a lot of older zones (TOV, ssra... old raid zones essentially) had some special coding that could increase the fail rate on FD. with ROF using copy/pasted old zones maybe this increased fail rate still exists.

does anyone else remember reading about this at some point?
  10. Xirtket Augur

I retired in 2009, my fd was awesome, came back in 2012, my fd sucks now, fails quite often, and more than ever, spells even if they are resisted, break fd what seems like quite a bit more frequently.