Playing pops up in green as normal; Game never actually loads.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Janahalian, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Janahalian New Member

Game is fully updated.
    I am running

Windows XP Pro SP3
    Directx 10
    2.66 Intel Dual Core processor
    3 gigs Ram
    ATI Radeon 4650HD 1 gig video card (fully updated as high as XP allows it to go)
    And I have a 1 gig net connection

So here's my issue:
    I have played for years. NEVER had this issue until the past couple of weeks. I open the launchpad as normal, log in and click the green "PLAY" button on bottom right. It does its thing and displays "PLAYING" BUT the game itself NEVER LAUNCHES BEYOND THAT POINT. I have rebooted, file checked, disconnected/reconnected internet and double checked my firewall to ensure that EQ2/LaunchPad are allowed to connect to the net. Everything looks FINE...but the game itself..NEVER LAUNCHES!! Very frustrating!! Have all x-pacs up to Sentinel's Fate.

Anyone else having this very annoying issue??
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

3. Janahalian New Member

I already have every exception required to run the game inputted into my AVG Internet Security software. I NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE until about a month ago....
  4. Janahalian New Member

It used to be a slow load up (roughly 3-4 minutes before it actually loaded the game from the launchpad) now I waited a good 15 minutes...and nothing happens.
  5. Evlomir New Member

mine does same thing....play button goes green but screen never actually loads to server select...it shows up fine in taskbar in the little window there but acts like i hit minimize button and cant re-maximize the screen to full screen....only started this yesterday and i have done everything to try n fix but nothing is working.....
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

You do realize you are on the EQ forums and not EQ2 forums, correct? Anyway...
    Evlomir, are you running EQ2 or EQ? :) Start your own thread and post your system information. Please stop spamming other threads.

Have you reset AVG settings?

When you run the Launchpad after it does not load (making sure EQ2 is not loaded in memory) check the Advanced Tools to see what files were downloaded/re downloaded?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you uninstalled AVG, reboot and did a test run?
  7. suka Lorekeeper

do a system restore. seems eq1 can't cope with the new updated ati driver.
  8. suka Lorekeeper

why are you assuming that he is on eq2??? you do know that we are all access, right? he doesn't even mention eq2 in his post.

I had the same problem. turns out my video driver updated itself this morning. I did system restore and am now working fine.

when someone signs into the eq1 forums, it is usually with the same id they use in the eq2 forums. don't assume to know everything.
  9. suka Lorekeeper

try system restore - it works for me. i had the same problem you are having- eq2 works fine but couldn't get into EQ1
  10. Sarkaukar Augur

I did not assume that he is talking about EQ as it was in the OP
    If the issue for you was the ATI driver, my question is did you allow Windows to install it or did you do the install yourself? More negative feedback is received when allowing Windows to install video/sound card drivers. The issue may still be the ATI driver, or simply how it was installed, especially if the old was not un-installed.

But as you posted in another thread, it wasn't the driver but the additional software, AMD Evolved newest update that appears to be the issue.