Players crashing to desktop repeatedly after bulk death in a DZ

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mesozoic_mangler, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Mesozoic_mangler Scholar

I searched for this and did not find anything about it, so apologies if I'm missing an obvious post.

There's been an issue since roughly March of last year where wipes or large amounts of player death causes a large subset of players to crash to desktop repeatedly. I'd say anywhere above 15-20 deaths at once can trigger this. Wipes almost always trigger this. This means that after a full or partial wipe, you generally want to fully drop a DZ and get a fresh one.

That's all well and good and nothing but a minor annoyance, unless you have to reclear an entire zone worth of trash, or restart a multistage event with checkpoints designed to prevent you from repeating early phases.

The other night after a partial wipe to half of Plane of Hate revisited coming at once, we had a few players who crashed 10-15 times each within an half an hour, and a dozen more that crashed once or twice.

Is there any mitigation for this? Am I crazy, do others experience this as well?
    Cexii, Snah, Mithra and 2 others like this.
  2. Mayzee New Member

Massive problem that should have been fixed ages ago.
  3. Hollykins Mamma

Happens every time, we have to just drop the dz if there is any type of instance where around 20+ peeps die and get a new one
  4. Sophism Lorekeeper

Also experienced this. Definitely an annoying hiccup.
  5. BootleeFonzworth New Member

It can really ruin a raid night also. Its definitely has been going on.
  6. Mojak New Member

We see this sometimes even not on wipes. 20 to 30 people dead over the course of an evening then the crashes to desktop start. I cant even begin to understand how or why since after ressing the corpses are gone.
    Mithra likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info