Player "Shroud down" Feature idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Sobmre Augur

Hello,
    I will get right to it,
    New Feature
    Player "Shroud down"

Each player can have the ability to drop back to level 65 or a few different set levels.
    Each player at that level can gear his character for that level, IE.A tab such as the merc gear tab.

This way you can group with lower levels or form old school raids to relive the dream of raiding POTime with your favorite character and be able to gear him/her up again.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There are shrouds in EQ. They just don't have much appeal as they are so limited. It is yet another feature in EQ that is a good idea that is not properly implemented.

When you add a feature, you need to keep examining it and improving it. This is badly needed for a great many things. My current pet peeve is the Advanced Loot System, which annoys me every time I play. It needs a bunch of bug fixes and clarity adjustments. But I'm hijacking your thread :confused:
    Gyurika Godofwar and Warpeace like this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

4. Sobmre Augur

you kinda missed the point, not a monster shroud.... the ability to shoud your main toon down IE I'm a level 105 pally but I change back to a level 65 pally with that gear ect......
  5. Eanelder Augur

This IS a monster shroud, the only difference I can think of is
    1. the ability to wear gear
      • this should have been a feature of shrouds to begin with
    2. keep your race
      • the shroud could be come a permanent & persistent illusion that can be clicked off
    3. keep your class
      • not all classes are available via the shroud, and some have to be unlocked
    So although i can appreciate the idea, creating a whole new feature is not something id like to see. Like Fanra stated, Monster shrouds are a a good idea, but need examining and improving.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Gortar Augur

Everquest 2 did it right. Chronomages.
    Wentil likes this.
  7. Wentil New Member

EQ2 has two features like this that for the most part work very well, mentoring and chronomages.

With mentoring, a higher level selects a lover level toon to mentor and the high level becomes that level and gives the lower toon a percentage of their exp gained while mentoring.
    With chronomages, you talked to an NPC and selected the level you wanted to be (5 level increments 5-95) and they would 'shroud' you to that level. Only levels lower than yourself, never higher.

The benefit of both of these is you kept your character, equipment, abilities, etc, they were just all tuned** to be more appropriate for the level. I absolutely loved the idea as it allows you experience older content you may have missed or relive older content again while still keeping your character you've spent X years leveling. I for one would love going back and experiencing the thrill and challenge of PoP without having to level a toon up to the 60's to experience it again.

**The tuning was terrible. You were always completely overpowered for the level you mentored of chrono'd to. To make it slightly more realistic you would need to turn yourself a good 5-10 levels below your intended dungeon.
  8. Sobmre Augur

I would to see this a new feature so we can all have the fun of reliving old raids/groups be able to twink your self at different levels with the best gear.

If you want to improve monster missions then add the ability for a shroud to be player killable and the shrouds get points for killing players and make zones for this type of mission ect.