Player Feedback/Suggestion: Expand the capabilities of the "Find Item" tool.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nerple, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Nerple New Member

Greetings,
    Like most of us reading these, I'm a longtime player going on 18 years this upcoming Thanksgiving. I started shortly after radio personalities Opie and Anthony plugged the game and the kindness of a veteran player on the drinal server in helping them with a quest. The same server I now find my characters on after the contraction of the Maelin Starpyre and originally Vazaelle servers...
    Anyways, like many players, I have taken sabbaticals from the game here and there as life situations have changed. One of these sabbaticals came in 2012 when I suffered 3 strokes within 6 weeks while in South Korea on business (I'm American from New England). My cognitive abilities remained despite significant left-side neglect physically leaving me in a wheelchair. The only mental damage that occurred is the complete devastation of my short term memory....

Now I give this backstory to help explain my request. Deciding to try to go for the Artisan's prize augment as recently I finally finished 300skill or greater on my final tradeskill (Research naturally as a Half-elven Ranger of Surefall Glade. One of my guildmates mentioned to start with the earring of Solstice, a prize I had many moon agos but had long ago deleted in the name of saving space. I did remember I had made that earring for many alternate characters years ago and was quite sure I had a near full set waiting somewhere on an alternate character and they may or may not have been transferred to an alternate character on one of 3 different accounts I maintain (with maybe only 3 or 4 free character slots across all 3 accounts. So I'm hoping what could occur is expanding the find item function in the inventory window to include all characters on that account. It would certainly help packrats like myself with legitimate memory disfunction operate and organize our inventories.

I did eventually find 6 of the 8 items parked on a wizard alt that was parked in the mushroom garden in Kaladim several years ago. He finally made it to a guild hall so I could check my alternates guild bank.

Thank ahead of time for considering it. I'm not a regular visitor to the forums so if this suggestion has been brought forth previously, you have my apologies.
  2. Greymantle Augur

Hmm if you are a member of https://eqresource.com/ , they have a neat program for inventory control.
    Requires you to use the outputfile inventory command on each toon but works well. I have 4 accounts with 9-10 on each. Currently i can search the inventory of all 35+ toons in seconds.