Play in Full Screen issue. Please help.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bamp, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Bamp Augur

Hi all. I wasn't sure where to ask about this as I don't see a "technical help" type forum. Hopefully someone here will know what to do.

The problem: When I am playing EQ in Full Screen and I use alt+tab to look at something online and then try to come back to EQ via alt+tab or any other way then it leaves EQ in a windowed mode. I must alt+enter two times to get back to full screen EQ. This is something that I've just been doing and it's whatever, but I would like to try boxing with my second account and that's not going to be great if I have to alt+enter two times every time I switch characters.

What I know about the problem: So, when I started playing again back in December of last year I was told that the way to use full screen was to alt+enter when at the character select screen and that works. Originally when I was doing that then I could alt+tab and look at stuff online (like quest guides, etc) and then alt+tab back and EQ would still be full screen with no problems. A month ago or so I was doing a ton of tradeskill combines and it was taking a long time so I was watching a movie on youtube and I decided to put the web browser on the left of the screen an EQ in windowed mode on the right side of the screen. The next day is when I noticed this problem and I haven't been able to figure out how to get it back to the way it was. I've tried doing all the same stuff I did the previous day to kind of backtrack and fix it, but I couldn't figure it out.

Theoretically this would be an easy fix, but I don't know what to do to fix it. Anyone able to help please?

Thanks!
    Igorath-Bertox, Betenoire and Sunawar like this.
  2. Exmortis_MT Augur

3. Bamp Augur

Sunawar likes this.
  4. Keuamie New Member

Working as intended

(ie they broke it and don't want to fix it anytime soon)
    Sunawar likes this.
  5. Igorath-Bertox Elder

6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They had a patch note about fixing launching in full screen for the test patch but I don't see it in the live patch notes
  7. micker305 New Member

Firstly, I thought this was a new feature to encourage EQ users to buy a dedicated laptop for any Internet activities while playing EQ.

Secondly, I thought I read DBG is encouraging third party software on your computer with EQ instances. This fine third party software additive will eliminate your need to alt-tab between EQ-instances ! And, this well thought out feature by DBG encourages supporting software developers in the EQ eco-system!

Fine EQ features for everyone!