Plane of War Map

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Riou EQResource

If you guys didn't see we have updated our map pack with Plane of War map (Plus updates to Tactics and Tranquility [believe tranquility gets over written from Patcher tho?], here: http://cotf.eqresource.com/maps.php

Plane of War is updated from the old 2006 version you may or may not have, the castles were fixed up, and mines of narikor were added, as well as a note of the main areas and quest NPC's, as well as zone outs, etc

Tactics had zone ins added and Tranquility had PoWar stone zone in added (for those who don't know which stone it was :p)
    Edrick, TheQxx, Rorce and 12 others like this.
  2. Warpiggs Augur

Thank you :)
    Riou likes this.
  3. Treefrog Journeyman

Awesome! :) Thank you very much!
    Riou likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

No problem :D

Unfortunately Castle Tamrel side has no Quest NPC's listed (couldn't faction hard enough on test pre live :p)

You start at -800 faction roughly and aren't dubious until -500 or so iirc, which gets you quest 1, you need Kindly or so for Quest 2 which is at +200 I believe, you have to go all the way to +1200 to get Ally to be able to complete a side (you don't lose faction with each side so pick 1 or the other)

It is +1 faction per kill, 10 per turn in, but Castle Tamrel turn in was broken and didn't work on Test, so I would 100% recommend Castle Rulnavis to start for easier time, unless you want to save easiest for last :p
  5. guado Augur

Truly appreciate not only this, but *everything* EQResource has produced. About to start the shawl 3.0, so ... ahhh!! =)
    Quatr and Riou like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

Oh yea, I forgot the 2nd floor in castles were still unmapped, mainly because the evil SK mobs in there that see invis and spam HA you, make mapping hard :p

Thanks! Tradeskill guides are almost as hard/annoying as Heroic Adventures guides to make :p
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

I'm reading this as 300 kills just to get to dubious and Quest #1.
    -R
  8. Riou EQResource

Yep! one side does have turn ins to speed it up tho for +10 per turn in (they seem to drop roughly every 3 mobs or so). The other side looked like it had trade ins, but they were broken on Test, no idea if fixed for live :(.

The quests also can't be completed with the same faction you start it with, you have to gain faction ranks to complete the quests, it will lock you at a turn in spot until you gain the new faction level!
  9. demoria7 Elder

10. Riou EQResource

Looks like half of that info is wrong or will lead to bad things if taken as the only way/right :p

We of course have our own guides up with more complete/more quests (see news post: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=3055)
    Rorce and Yinla like this.
  11. Kamea Augur

What happened with POWAR in 2006? Were they planning on revamping it back then?

I saw some screensheets and read some things about the 2002 version of POWAR years ago, and my vague memories are a bit different from what we have today. Plus the current zone looks graphically more like a POR zone than a POP one.
  12. Riou EQResource

Not sure, the map did have for PoWar in map folder was created or modified in 2006 :)
  13. Kamea Augur

I just found an old wiki on zam that indicates there was a rumor that PoWar was going to be a part of POR expansion, so I guess your findings confirm that.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Plane_of_War

I also found this video that shows how it looked in 2002, minus the mobs.

The way in which they did the graphically updates is similar to the revamps they did to the Freeport area in POR.

And more for notekeeping purposes, here is a sample of the rumors about POWar from back in the day (2004 in this case): http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/soearchive/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=49845
    moogs likes this.
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

Thanks much for the writeup and the maps!
    Riou likes this.
  15. Iila Augur

It feels a LOT like Devastation. I can easily believe that there was some cross inspiration between the two zones at a few points in time.