planar progression

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mulila, Oct 16, 2016.

1. gotwar Gotcharms

Three recommendations:

Be sure to hail the little gnome linked with the Mech kill in POI after killing the mech. This is needed to complete the tactics chain flag. Note that this is not the same as the "i will test the machine" thing you say before you test the machine - it's done afterwards.

You must also hail this little guy in plane of tactics to wrap up your tactics flags.

If you've killed Solusek Ro, hail the dragon outside plane of fire. There may be a keyphrase you have to say to him to get his flag and "complete" access to the elemental planes.

Unlock the hell out of your memories. Spam that until you get the childhood yellow text. Then run around screaming hails and keyphrases at all the associated tactics chain mobs.

My guildmate was well-versed in PoP flagging and drew up this chart many years ago to aid in guild-wide progression flagging. We found it extremely helpful in working through our PoP flagging (almost, if not more helpful, than Allakhazam walkthrough)

Edit: image is too large for a forum post (i guess?) so use the direct link.

Direct link because the chart is massive and may be hard to read:

http://less3d.com/images/PoP_Picks/Planes_of_Power_flags_1_15.gif

Sorry lessw if you didn't want your sekret pop flag infos shared :)

It really seems like you have some un-completed chains in there. The more I look at your posted memories text the more I think you're missing a minor hail somewhere. PoP flagging is picky. Goo luck!
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

mulila,

You never killed the Manatech Behemoth.

Here is the breakdown:

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.

Maelin has translated Agnarr's Diary using the Cipher of Divine Language.

Agnarr requires: BoT, Storms, Justice.

Those are all complete.

(See below for Cipher of Divine Language)

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.

You have both Halves of the Cipher from Saryn and MM.

Saryn requires: Disease, Nightmare, Torment
    MM requires: Justice, Valor, HoH, ToM

These are all complete.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You have completed all of Honor's Trials.

Temple of Marr Access Granted.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable
    enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls.

HoH access granted.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.

Justice Complete. Valor and Storms access granted.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Tylis has been removed from his agony.

Torment Complete.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.

Nightmare Complete.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.

Disease Complete.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.

Access to Crypt of Decay granted.

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal.

Temple of Sol Ro Pre-flag

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Arlyxir's wealth of knowledge flows through your mind.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Jiva's strength fills your body.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The power of Dresolik surges through you.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Rizlona's song slips through your thoughts.
    [Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] Xuzl's arcane wisdom pulses in your mind.

Killed Sol ro minis BUT NOT SOL RO

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The pack of notes from Vallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.

Killed Vallon BUT NOT TALKED TO MAELIN

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] The pack of notes from Tallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.

Killed Tallon BUT NOT TALKED TO MAELIN

[Sat Oct 15 15:16:02 2016] You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.

PoI Factory access granted.

Now look at unlock memories to see pending flags:

[Sat Oct 15 15:15:55 2016] You say, 'unlock memories'
    [Sat Oct 15 15:15:55 2016] Besting the Burning Prince proves your might, but you still must prove your warrior's spirit.

You killed Sol Rol, BUT TACTICS NOT COMPLETE

[Sat Oct 15 15:15:55 2016] Your heart beat speeds as you recall the Warlord's flaming axe, behind the dark sockets of his helm you sense darker intentions.

You killed Rallos Zek, BUT HAVE NOT TALKED TO MAELIN
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The storyline goes like this:

You go to innovation and find Giwin Mirakon who was charged by Rallos Zek with creating a machine to destroy all mortals, but Giwin has fallen behind schedule and wants your help with testing the machine. You tell him "I will test the machine" and get a pre-flag.

You test the machine, the Manaetic Behemoth and once you defeat it Giwin Mirkon tells you how to sneak into the Demi-plane of Tactics, giving you a flag in the process.

Once inside the Demi-plane of Tactics (you find Eriak Zek and he teaches you how to make bane weapons) you kill Vallon Zek. You get a flag from this. He drops a pack of notes on the floor which you take to Maelin. You talk to maelin and he translates the notes for you. You get another flag from this.

You go back to the Demi-plane of Tactics (you find Eriak Zek and he teaches you how to make more bane weapons) and kill Tallon Zek. You get a flag from this. He drops more notes on the floor which you take to Maelin. You talk to Maelin and he translates the notes for you. You get another flag from this.

You go back to the Demi-plane of Tactics (you find Eriak Zek and he teached you how to make yet more bane weapons) and kill Rallos Zek. You get a flag from this. He a parchment in his hand which you take to Maelin. You talk to maelin about the parchment and he tells you that Rallos and Sol Ro were plotting together. You stopped RZ but now you need to go stop Sol Ro. You get a flag from this.

You ask Maelin if he has any new information about Zebuxoruk. He says that he has learned he is trapped in the Plane of Time from which there is no escape. Only if you could gather elemental essences could you have enough power to open a tear into the Plane of Time before he was imprisoned and save him. You get another flag from this and are Elemental Planes (except fire) flagged.

You find Miak the Searedsoul outside the entrance to the Plane of Fire who tells you that the entrance to the Plane of Fire has been altered and you will have to kill Solusek Ro to access it. This allows you to enter Sol Ro's Tower

Inside Sol Ro's Tower you have to kill the 5 guardians to reach Sol Ro. You kill them and are then able to reach Sol Ro. You kill him and gain a flag. You are then able to zone into the Plane of Fire and are fully Elemental Flagged.

So, If you follow the order of events:

Giwin -> Flag -> Kill MB -> Flag -> Kill Vallon -> Flag -> Maelin -> Flag -> Kill Tallon -> Flag -> Maelin -> Flag -> Kill Rallos -> Flag Maelin -> Flag -> Elemental (Sans Fire) Planes -> Miak -> Flag -> Kill Sol Ro -> Flag -> Full Elemental Planes

Blue = You did this
    Purple = You have it, but are not receiving credit for it.
    Red = Will not work because it is dependent on something in purple

Evaluate it backwards:

You have Full Elemental Flags (Fire) but it isn't taking effect because Sol Ro isn't taking effect because Rallos Zek isn't taking effect, because Tallon/Vallon aren't taking effect because you haven't talked to maelin because you don't deserve to be in Tactics because you never killed MB (or said you would test it).

And there is your answer, with long winded explanation.

(Editor's note: I may be mis-remembering and there may not be a flag from maelin after TZ and VZ, just RZ, but in any case it doesn't hurt to talk to him after each one just to be on the safe side).
    Bandien and Grove like this.
  4. Harris Augur

MB is done that is not it. As far as I can tell everything is done, only things I can figure out that have not been done because nothing was said about it is.. did not jump thru the hole to PoF after killing Sol Rol or Spam Seer "Unlock Memories" and "Guided Meditation." and Grand Librarian Maelin "I have new information" and "I have new lore" repeatedly
    what points me to this is.
    The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal.
    Preflag to killing Solusek Ro.

Besting the Burning Prince proves your might, but you still must prove your warrior's spirit.
    Have killed Solusek Ro but the Tactics chain is not yet complete.

At this point it should be..
    Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.
    The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
    You have completed all of Honor's Trials.
    You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls.
    Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.
    Tylis has been removed from his agony.
    Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.
    Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.
    Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.
    The true route to the Plane of Fire is now clear in your mind. (Missing)
    You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Are you mulila? Because Mulila needs MB or the preflag saying "I will test the machine" based on the output from guided meditation and unlock memories.

The true route to the Plane of Fire is now clear in your mind.

This only appears once Sol Ro has been killed and his Sol Ro flag won't update because his Rallos Zek isn't finished, and Rallos Zek isn't finished because Tallon and Vallon aren't finished and TZ and VZ aren't finished because...

Wait for it...

They are missing MB (or the pre-flag by saying "I will test the machine").

After you kill MB Giwin Mirakon pops up, not a Planar Projection. You have to hail him to get the MB flag. People often forget to do this because it is NOT A PP.

I feel like I just posted a much longer and more detailed version explaining this and yet people still want to argue.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and gotwar like this.
  6. Utdaan Augur

I think Bamkan nailed it. I ran your unedited Seer response though a web tool a buddy of mine wrote when my guild on EQMac was flagging for PoP. What came up on top may say it all....

Congratulations, you are flagged to enter the Tower of Solusek Ro.
    Congratulations, you are flagged to enter the Elemental Planes of Earth, Air, and Water.

Notice what is missing? Fire. After you killed Solusek Ro, looks like you forget to open the trapdoor and then drop down into the Plane of Fire. The parcer shows that you have killed all of the Sol Ro minis and Sol Ro, so you did hail the projection afterwards.

Here is the link to the flag parser if you want to run it through yourself.
    http://www.alkabor.com/flags.html

Hope that helps!

Edit: You should be able to just go up into Sol Ro's chamber and click down the trapdoor tunnel and you're finished.
  7. Glooping Elder

You don't need to go down the trap door after killing Sol Ro. I didn't and I have no issues with the flagging. You can zone into PoFire from tranquility and still get the same flags. Also, once you kill a zek the MB flag disappears from the seer's guided meditation list.

Most likely what happened is something was done out of order and it made a loophole when you talked to the librarian that skipped you past the flags you are missing from him. I had a guild member have this exact issue and the only real suggestion would be to send in a petition about it. They know Pop was a buggy time with flags along with some events now can be bugged with over DPS which causes them to be broken until a GM manually resets the zone by repopping it.

Surprisingly enough if you dont come off as a total in your petition you can get favorable results in a short amount of time. Something to keep in mind when writing a petition.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They.
    Need.
    MB.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Harris Augur

Sorry Beimeith, but if you run a PoP parser of what they posted MB is done AND as stated in a post said I will test the machine to Giwin. But hey keep saying it if it makes you feel better.
    PoJ trial is done.
    Grummus flag is complete.
    Terris Thule is complete.
    You can open door to PoI factory.
    Manaetic Behemoth done.
    Aerin'Dar done.
    Bertoxxulous done.
    Saryrn and KoS done.
    Askr quest in PoStorms done.
    Agnarr
    HoH trial 1 (Rydda'Dar) done.
    HoH trial 2 (Villagers) done.
    HoH trial 3 (Nomads) done.
    Mithaniel Marr done.
    Vallon Zek done.
    Tallon Zek done.
    ToSR pre-flag done.
    Arlyxir
    Jiva
    Dresolik
    Xuzl
    Rizlona
    Solusek Ro
    Rallos Zek the Warlord
  10. gotwar Gotcharms

I also believe this person has an uncompleted flag in the Tactics chain (and not the maelin completion flag, which is obviously the big missing piece).

There are three Giwin hails/conversations needed just to trigger Maelin's completion flag.
    [IMG]

Note that while the Giwin tactics hail is listed in this chart as not required, I did have to hail him to trigger Maelins text to complete my tactics chain rallos pre-flag, as did several of my guildies. This was recent (after Prize quest was implemented on Test). Also note that I missed my Giwin post-MB hail and received the same guided meditation line as the OP. Also, plane of fire entrance flag is *not* required to complete the tactics rallos pre-flag chain, which is what the OP is missing.

Good luck! If you are 10000% sure your pre/post MB flags are done, and your tactics pre-hail is done, congrats, you may be irrevocably bugged! :(
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I don't care what your parser says, it's wrong.

If they kill MB, hail Giwin, and then talk to the Seer, it will fix their flags. If it doesn't I'll give everyone that posted in this thread up to this point a Krono.

(I'll preface this now and say I'll want logs AND screenshots before I pay).
  12. Uuvin Augur

bump. -)

like I said at the start, I thought it was something with MB also. more specifically Giwin and missing the preflag comment ' I will test the machine' . but he says he did it and the seer comments bear that out

I am very interested in learning what the solution is.

the seer quotes is clear:

You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.

which made me think about the preflag. but I have the same quote on my seer replies.

It all points to a tactics problem, the librarian just wont accept your comments, but I cannot figure out what it is - with everything already said and tried. It is still bugging me, so please let me know what it turns out to be.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The above is simply telling you that you are flagged to enter the factory area of PoI. It remains even after you complete everything and finish time. I've completed the Aid Grimmel quest and still have it.
    In all likelihood it is as Beimeith stated, and the OP simply needs to kill MB again, and this time be sure to hail Giwin when he appears after MB is dead.
  14. Qillaan New Member

Being Full EP flagged, this is what you should see with guided meditation to the seer. and again it may take several trips between the Seer "Unlock Memories" and the librarian "New Lore, What information" to fix everything as the seer will only unscramble 1 flag at a time and cant unscramble anything else until that one flag is fixed completely.

[Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] You have completed all of Honor's Trials.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] Tylis has been removed from his agony.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] The true route to the Plane of Fire is now clear in your mind.
    [Sun Oct 23 22:25:31 2016] You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.
  15. mulila Elder

ALL FIXED, The GM's rolled back grand librarian Maelin to right before the elemental planes flag, I hailed him then "what lore" and "what information" got a character flag off that then went down to seer and 2 rounds of "unlock memories" and 2 flags and everything is fixed was able to do the remaining Aid Grimel tasks.
    Glooping likes this.
  16. Glooping Elder

Does this mean my post of getting a petition to fix it wins??
  17. mulila Elder

18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I think you mean they removed your flag. Maelin never changes so there isn't anything to roll him back to.
  19. Harris Augur

Glad it was a glitch and you had everything done, good to know. I knew you had everything done, just couldn't figure out why you could not get your flag. Now lets get those screen shots and get those free Krono's. :rolleyes:
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

He never did what I said to do.