Pick Zones?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, May 27, 2018.

1. Tegila Augur

could someone please explain EXACTLY how these are and arent supposed to work? i keep seeing go check /pick and made this or that change to pick zones...but do a search here you get ppl complaining about a mob on TLP not spawning in them, and nothing else really relevant. Im asking, because i have yet to see a zone actually HAVE a /pick option. If the point is to relieve congestion, shouldnt there be a pick avail automatically by 36 players at the most? assuming that like usual, the average group in said zone is often 4 players 2 mercs thus thatd be 9 groups and a lot of zones cant even handle 9 groups, thats already overcrowded, but im finding zones over 40 repeatedly with no /pick, and theyre in eok+ not some ancient expac that DB doesnt care about bc its also too new for TLP.

Is there a set list of zones that can have picks at all? is there an auto-spawn pick population per zone or in general? What is it? Can you force a zone to create a pick? Is it just broken on bertox?
  2. CaptainSkeet Augur

The number of people require to spawn a pick varies, and is dependent on number of mobs, since more mobs = more group content in theory. If you know the pick threshold, you can force it if you bring more than the threshold into the zone. However, picks won’t continue to spawn off the main zone, they will take into account how many people are in the other picks. So, you would need to have more than the threshold in multiple picks to get more. Picks will now automatically lock and close if they don’t have enough people to maintain them; which is I think 12ish people.

Some zones do not spawn picks, like the Bazaar. I have not seen a DBG provided list of zones and thresholds.
  3. Ottopaul Journeyman

I thought /pick was only a thing on some of the newer TLPs, Phinny, Agnarr and Coirnav. Did they implement it on live/normal servers?
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It's been a part of live since The Broken Mirror iirc.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info