Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Constellation, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Finley Augur

This is patently false. Yes it is easier to get a group if you're a desired class, but anyone with a modicum of social skills can obtain groups 40+ as any class. Make friends; this is a social game. I made friends with a rogue around level 40 and I think every experience message I got until I dinged 50 was with him. I out leveled a druid I met in the 30s, but I REALLY enjoyed grouping with him and sought him out as well.
    Kridina likes this.
  2. Weverley Augur

Don't listen to mashef otherwise you gonna be off plenty of groups to go around . experience is a bit slow but it's what makes everquest what it is. The only mmo that u can show that u work hard to achieve something.
  3. Iyvy Augur

Don't listen to this guy. Come play, the server is bustling at all levels and a great time. There's a reason the forums are empty. Feels like ragefire without the box armies. Really really civil server.
    Your_Ad_Here and Soon like this.
  4. DuchessElindra Elder

^ What she says.
  5. Yoosung New Member

I agree with Mashef. I just started cause my friends/co-workers are playing but they're all lvl 30-40 and they took advantage of double XP. I started on Monday and have played maybe 1-2 hours each night and there's no one in the newbie zones. The XP gains are really bad. I even tried leaving Misty for another newbie area but still couldn't find anyone. People say it gets better at 20+ but so far it's been pretty excruciating getting to there. (Currently level 7 and used 1.25 xp potions so far).
  6. Morriana Journeyman

I logged in for a few hours over the weekend and had a blast, the double xp made grinding bearable, but now that's gone it's getting depressing again.
    I'm not in any real rush to get to 50, but I do like to move around different zones/camps on a regular basis to stave off boredom, the only real way to xp at non monotonous speed tho is to make a perfect group and grind the hell out of a dungeon :( If that's your thing, then I'm sure you'll love it.
  7. ElaidaTL Augur

It's like none of you played original eq. It was even slower then this. The levels aren't meant for someone to do in a week. It took folks a month or more top hit 50.
    Your_Ad_Here and Kridina like this.
  8. Pyxis New Member

I played at launch, raided up until SoL. I came back and played on ragefire, leveled a couple to 50, got really tired of the mage armies and automated crap. This sever sounded awesome, and I think for a lot of people it is. The XP rate is just way to slow for me personally, I have already done this leveling multiple times over the years, and just don't find any enjoyment in grinding out levels again.

I am still having some fun right now, hanging out with a few friends, but the XP rate will likely drive me away at some point soon. I am still a sucker for EQ though, still a lot of great memories, slow XP is just not one of them. The next TLP will probably lull me back in regardless.
  9. Soon Augur

If you can deal with the exp rate, Phinny is a very pleasant server to join. Grouping with real people is good. Even some of them may suck sometimes. :)
  10. Bobbydomino Elder

Actually as much as I hate to say it, it is true that a lot of people have been sitting in LFG a ton since double exp ended. People of every class, of every guild including yours.

Now, is this because of the Holidays?
    Is this because we all hardcorr grinded during the weekend so we're taking a break?
    Is this because most medium hardcore players got to 40+ leaving casuals behind?

I would say probably a combination of these. Yesterday was the first day since server started that I didn't actively look for an exp group and I started questing and gearing up, buying and selling in EC, buying gear for the most geared twink I can make, etc.

In a few days after the Holidays I'll probably restart grouping on both characters. I would assume most people are in a similar situation but maybe not.
  11. Kridina Elder

You would be correct in saying people sit in LFG, but I can not tell you how many times I see the same group of people (For that period of time) LFGing, are within level range of one another, and not one person thinks to start inviting. It's like herding cats!

The people are there. They want to play. Sometimes you just gotta step up and start the group. Reminds me of when I am out with friends and no one can decide where to eat. I am hungry! So, let';s stop at Denny's already. Jeez.

With that said, I've had a blast and have had little problem finding people to group with. I really think it all depends if you are willing to step outside your comfort zone long enough to grab people up. Don't wait for someone else to do it. Chances are you will sit there with no XP if you do that.

PS: 33 is the golden level. You can group with anyone at that point (Up to level 50-Kunark will change that!)
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  12. James Augur

Phiny is packed and a ton of fun. Come play with us pal
  13. Weverley Augur

I made a necro level it to 6 in like 10 hours and went to crushbone funny despite what people say about top heavy i found enough people in crushbone to make a few picks.Maybe those who couldn't find nobody we're playing in the middle of the night eastern time.
  14. Xaile New Member

^ This

Last night I saw a tank / heals / several dps in the mid to high teens lfg for quite a while.

As a dps - sometimes the best way to get a group is to start it yourself. Also, add people to your /friends as you group with them if you enjoyed playing. Finding a group becomes much easier if you stay in touch with people you've previously grouped with - Most of the time when looking for a replacement I'll hit up my friends list before I even look at /lfg.

The groups are there, this comes as someone who plays primarily during non peak hours and for a few hours a night. I've yet to have an issue finding groups and I just hit 26 last night. Sometimes I spend an hour lfg but *shrugs* I work on tradeskills while lfg to pass the time because I typically don't feel like organizing the group.

Like others have stated - xp is a bit slower but classic raiding isn't exactly 'exciting'. Spending 12 hours a day in plane of air (sky / whatever) on my days off work isn't exactly what I call... fun..
  15. Fiyero Augur

Every boss except Sky has been killed.
  16. Risiko Augur

With double exp right now, if you are considering starting a character on Phinny, DO IT NOW!!! You will not want to have to level with out it on Phinny.
  17. Elkay Augur

Original EQ launch: March 16, 1999
    Original Kunark launch: March 31, 2000
    Duration: 381 days

Phinny expansion duration: 84 days (22% of original duration)
  18. Bobbydomino Elder

You still level 6 bud?
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  19. madent Journeyman

thats not true man why are u lyin in a GAME FORUM ?

crushbone is packed with groups
    gfay dark usualy has 100 people and more and mostly newbies coz high level players usualy dont bank at kelethin
    i cant even imagine blackburrow coz i havent been in there but i imagine is realy ovecrowded aswell
    even steamfonts all the newbie camps are always taken

realy man... lyin is BAD
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  20. Elkay Augur

Yep but thanks to all the free time I got back my Pokedex is almost complete!