Phinny the new box server??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rick, Apr 16, 2016.

1. rick Augur

I keep hearing how they can't correct the issue with players playing multiple characters on the same server and YET I for one am tired of being told this and the number of players spamming open channels with calls like "15th level "insert class" accompanied by 60th level "insert different class" ..

This was supposed to be a "true box" server BUT it isn't and the only thing I can say is we aren't seeing the trains of mages on auto follow

Like many issues It seems to me that it is long past time DBG finally started earning the money they ask to run these TLP servers and stop opening new servers just so they can muck them up like the did last month with Phinny... The 170% xp was nice on paper but not there has been a flood of botters and boxers on a server that WASN'T supposed to allow it ..

Past time i think that DBG actually policed their servers a bit and actually started considering that ALL the players need a fair say in things and it is UP to DBG to listen to ALL sides NOT just the loudest
  2. Kittany Augur

True box simply means that only one EQ client will be allowed to connect per computer. Those who box, do so with multiple computers.

What Is a True Box Progression Server?
    This is a server where each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from their computer. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts.
    If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they’ll have to do it the old fashioned way. Phinigel is a TRUE box server, which means in order to multi-box you’ll need a set-up that looks something like this:

[IMG]

https://www.everquest.com/news/phinigel-true-box-progression-server-dec-9-2015
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  3. northstar Augur

Best thing I think is get rid of boxing all together, but doing it might be an issue. Back in the day if you were going to box you needed a second email, while yes it is a slight inconvenience, it meant that to box not only did you need a second PC but a second account not connected to your main account. I for one can't stand running more then one character at a time. However I have 20+ EQ accounts all on the same email so I can keep track of them all. Have I boxed before, yes. But these days boxing even split screen is a P.I.T.A. For me...
  4. Machen New Member

This is not the server you think it is.
    Whizbang and Sophism like this.
  5. Weverley Augur

i think OP hasn't read daybreak knowledge base about what is a true box server and another thread that in game you don't hear anybody complain about.
  6. taliefer Augur

I think we all just got Rick rolled
  7. Tinytinker Augur

Has been repeatedly stated, this is a true box server, not a ''no boxing ever" server. I can't believe you've played on Phinny this long and still don't know that?
  8. Mafiaman9784 New Member

It sounds like someone is bitter about people who can efficiently two and three box characters and would rather rely on themselves than the potential of 3-4 additional morons. I run a shaman/warrior box on two PCs and am slowing bringing an enchanter into the mix. It's challenging but rewarding all in one. Also makes camping items/drops pretty easy.

Ever tried to get something alone on a warrior at level 60 that requires damage? Do it then get back to me.
  9. Weverley Augur

I saw both side of the medal.2 boxers that we're wiping groups and others that you wouldn't even notice that it was 2 box so if you can do it good np but if you are bad at it don't get into my groups.
  10. TowerDefense Augur

Fixed it for you.
  11. Myth Elder

there is a guy who sells Pl's that uses some sort of program that allows him to box multiple clients from one computer, no way hes using multiple computers because all the actions are synced perfectly
  12. Draekony Lorekeeper

Is that the guy doing disco with 11 chars mostly high elves
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

The boxing software that shall not be named, not to be confused with the character automation software that shall not be named, can be configured to send commands to multiple PCs, allowing it work just like it did opening multiple instances of EQ on the same PC.
  14. Tudadar Augur

Buy a used/new pc/laptop for $50-$200 and stop crying. From before the server even opened there was a dev released picture of a desk w/ several computers on it.

Must be pretty scrub-like to take 4-5 months to see people boxing. What do you think most people do when there is doubl/70% and they are max level? They make more characters. 17 days of 70% exp is nice for the casual players that would like to get closer to max level and be more effective on raids but there are side effects for some players. I believe since Lockjaw/Ragefire first opened at least 2 thousand new box accounts have been made on double/extra xp. Lots of extra money w/ a little extra crying. I think we'll be seeing more extra xp's.