Phinny Rankings

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Neldarion, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neldarion Lorekeeper

Since we don't have a real ranking list that's relevant, I made one.

Disclaimer: This isn't 100% accurate, since I needed a way to rank entire guilds item level. The only half decent idea I had was to use average resists. This list uses the average resist for the top 20 members in each guild.

Enjoy.

https://eq.magelo.com/ranking?g=0&s=65&w=26_1|24_1|25_1|27_1|23_1

[IMG]
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

3. Litoeon Lorekeeper

Really?..........
  4. TPSTEEPS Journeyman

so i better start using my shield of ranbow hues from the fear golems to up my "item level" and improve my guild ranking over my shield of strife

since the shield of strife only has 75 total resists, but the shield of rainbow hues has 100 total

there is so much wrong with the logic behind this that i shouldnt need to prove you wrong you should prove yourself right and this as useful...as guilds in luclin or who are slower progressed and have a bit more luclin gear would be HIGHER on this list in ranking.

lol grats youre the new laughing stock of the server Mr.darkwind x member~
  5. Finley Augur

Great thanks for this, now my guildleader just kicked me out for being too low ilevel
    Mynde Kandie likes this.
  6. Socratic Journeyman

According to a search on Magelo my guild has 9 players in it, including 2 alts and 2 under lvl 62. I really have no idea how we raid at all tbh.

invirtue.com

Doing more with about 1 group!
    Your_Ad_Here and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  7. Numiko Augur

I'm just supised this many people still use magelo ..
    Chaosflux likes this.
  8. Neldarion Lorekeeper

Most guilds are pretty much up to date on magelo. If your guild is too lazy to compete with rankings, that's your problem.

Looking at the list, I would say it's a very accurate reflection and is pretty close to how I would rank guilds on Phinny.

Considering that no one is adjusting magelo to artificially inflate resists scores, the list remains accurate. Or are you saying that people are using shield of ranbow(?) hues and that's why your ranking is low?

Do you know another way to compare your character / class / guild to other characters / classes / guilds?
  9. TPSTEEPS Journeyman

to answer your 2nd question first, yes i do...kill times thats it. You put all your best effort and put it on display on expansion unlocks.

Now to your first question/statement...YOU said the word COMPETE in the beginning of your post...if i want to COMPETE id want to use rainbow hues over strife as i want to compete on your laughable version of ranking through resist avg.

Hey im just trying to go by your own rules or (il)logic on YOUR ranking!!! Or is it that resists are the only thing you can use to try and make YOUR guild appear higher on a chart and not THAT far behind aos? You must have felt pretty strong when you guys killed aten what 3rd? on the server in luclin but then took a dump in pop and now you want to appear strong like you did in luclin on a ranking by resists avg chart.

Like you said youre a laughing stock, soak it in newb

PS who even are you lol~
  10. AgentofChange Augur

LOL this is some comedic gold.
  11. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

QFT
  12. Cicelee Augur

You silly TLP'ers using resists to rank guilds. On live servers we use Heroic Charisma to determine who the best guilds are...
    Soon and sifonin like this.
  13. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

Noble effort Neldarion. You are a modern day Don Quixote. Too bad Sancho isn't around to keep you from doing anything foolish... =\
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  14. Neldarion Lorekeeper

0 people are stacking resist gear to 'compete' in my gear rankings, so the entire list is accurate. No one is cheating the system. If they are, point them out and I'll remove them.

The only measure of a guilds strength is their item level. I'm not interested in when you killed X boss 2 months ago, that has 0 relevance as to how well your guild has progressed. For example a guild could have cleared PoP 1st and then wiped every single week until now, their gear would be terrible, but in your strange view they would be rank 1. lol.

I know it's probably a shock to you that OGC and Darkwind are right up there with AoS. Just proves my point that kill date means nothing. It's ALL about item level.

If you can come up with a more accurate way to measure a guilds item level, go ahead. Until then, this list is the best Phinny Guilds ranking we have. Deal with it.
  15. MabbuAgnarr Journeyman

This reminds me of the time...

[IMG]
  16. Neldarion Lorekeeper

I don't understand the fascination of kill dates on an instanced server. like 1 out of 25 guilds are even bothered about it. Pointless list is pointless.

Let's stick to important data like item level.
  17. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

If your "ranking" didnt rely on voluntary reporting and showed an accurate picture of each guild's raiding roster it would possibly have some merit. It's like you want to put a WoW ranking on EQ guilds or something of that nature but because the data isnt actually provided by Daybreak, the accuracy is meh. IIRC Blizzard provides all of the data you would want to rank WoW guilds. I havent played WoW for like 8 years so I have no clue what's going on over there, but I remember the armory seemed to provide a lot of data.

I think its safe to assume that most guilds have been clearing Time on a weekly basis since their initial Time clears and that the only factors that would really separate guilds under your ranking system is the number of members in each guild sucking up time loot, the number of weeks between each guilds initial clears, and "aggressive splitting," I think that was the terminology that's been tossed around on these forums from time to time.
  18. HighTankz New Member

Guess I better update my Magelo so the rankings aren't so wacky!!

PS this is stupid
  19. AgentofChange Augur

It's a bigger shock that they aren't closer...
  20. Aoldar New Member

No one cares about guild rankings right now come back in 7 weeks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.